Chapter 39: Inojou Yamanaka

It was nighttime now. As I looked up to the sky, I started to get flashbacks of Blood Moon. I wonder how everyone was doing back in the present. Kakashi, Choban, Tsuki, and Haru were fighting the Otsutsuki. When we get back, hopefully our answers will end the war. It will be like no time has passed. A least for them.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice speak out.

Turning around, I heard the creaking metal door from the alleyway I stood in swing open and then shut hard behind him. It was Inojou. As he caught up to me, I noticed the suit he was wearing.

It had a white undershirt with a purple vest and coat. On top of that it was half buttoned revealing his upper chest and gold chain. A white handkerchief that was in his chest pocket. His hair was slicked back and his pants were the same color purple as his coat. His cuffs were a white that was neatly flooded back.

Once he got closer it became apparent that his hair was not only slicked back but braided into cornrows. His hair probably reached his shoulders before being cut off by ties.

"Ughhh! These damn sleeves," Inojou said as he tugged on them both.

He was never one to like sleeves. Everytime he received clothing, he tended to immediately rip the sleeves off. Let's just say that the ANBU uniforms treated him well.

"Geez, dude," he smiled as he ran his fingers through his braids, "you clean up nice."

I don't know about that. It was quite depressing when I knew that about it. Black undershirt, black tie, black coat, black handkerchief, black pants... I didn't feel particularly in the mood for something bold.

"Oh, thanks," I said in a dim manner.

For something I was feeling a pit in my stomach. I'm not sure what we will end up getting out of this mission. I keep forgetting that we aren't from this time and we have a war to fight back in the present. But my grandfather, The Hokage, gave us something important to complete. Maybe he was just trying to get me out of the same time period of the Otsutsuki that wanted my blood. Time traveling has always been a tricky thing to do. So many things can go wrong with it. I remember my grandfather telling me he and my father time traveled to a time when his father was young. They faced so many complications that it was a wonder as to how the time stream didn't slip out of existence. But Sasuke had the means to leave no tracks and he made it apparent to teach me the same jutus just in case things went wrong and the wrong person found out our secret.

"Do you think Kakashi-sensei is okay? And Tsuki and Choban and..." Inojou clearly understands my internal dilemma.

"And Haru." I finished for him.

He really cared for her, but sometimes I wonder whether the feelings are mutual. Haru is a strong woman with strong emotions. She seems very light-hearted and energetic but when it comes to her feelings she can be quite alluding. No one really knows where her feelings are at. She has had too many supposed crushes to know exactly what her type is. But Inojou is a good man and he would be perfect for her.

Looking over to Inojou his purple eyes widened and then blushed. His crush on her has been there since the first time I met. His feelings have never wavered but he can't seem to have any chances with her. She's too stubborn to let him. But I feel that it is in a way that it is childish and insecure.

Haru commitment insecurities usually coincide to inability to properly conduct jutus. She didn't inherit the Byakugan from Aunt Hima and like her sister, Tsuki, a prodigy for the eye. She really has no natural talent for the ninja arts. But what makes her an incredible shinobi and ANBU member is her tough wit and taijutsu skills. Better than any other person I have ever met. No one really knows how skilled she really is because she always pulls her punches. Like me, she is a grandchild of the Hokage. All of us obtain some sort of inheritance from Naruto. People say that out of all Naruto's grandchildren, Tsuki inherited his intelligence and ninjutsu abilities, Haru his taijutsu and strength, and me... his stamina and speed. But of course, my Uchiha genes give me more lead on genjutsu and ninjutsu abilities. My stats were still a mystery because of everything that has happened in recent years. But Tsuki is Hokage's mind, Haru the body, and I the soul.

And then there's Inojou, his water-style from both his mother and father have made him a difficult opponent to face. Especially in a water setting. Out of everyone in the village, he is by far the best water-style user. On top of that he inherited the mind-transfer jutsu from the Yamanak clan and super-beast scroll techniques from his grandfather, Sai. His mother Sumire Kakei was known to excel in , able to perform various techniques, such as creating clones, protective walls, and . She has considerable skill in shurikenjutsu, able to counter an attack with her kunai while simultaneously throwing it accurately. Inojou jas by no doubt inherited the full power and more from his mother.

In the archives we have the strongest users in our village of each element listed. At least of those alive. Fire with my mother, Sarada Uzumaki-Uchiha, Earth with my sensei, Kakashi Hatake, Lighting with my grandfather, Sasuke Uchiha, Wind with my other grandfather and Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki, and Inojou Yamanaka with Water.

Based on his personality you would see him as a screw up or not serious. Constantly relying on sarcasm and humor to mask what he is really feeling inside. Inojou Yamanaka is a man of optimistic virtue and light-heart and jokester personality. But when it comes down to the people he cares about, that's when he amazes you. And some people don't think much of it. Back in the Academy days people never took him seriously because of his personality. He was the ugly duckling of our age. I guess that's why he is my best friend. Because maybe I felt that I could understand him. Behind all the jokes and distractedness, he is one of the most powerful shinobi in the Land of Fire.