Chapter 44: Lights of the City

Tonight, I think I am just gonna rest. This entire week had been trained rigorously and the best thing I could do for myself was lay on my bed in my mother and I's apartment. We were supposed to go out for dinner tonight but at the last minute she was called to help her mother in the hospital.

Slipping my kunai from under my sheets, I flicked and twirled it in my fingers and then threw it up at my ceiling. It landed directly in the open spot to where I left from the rest of the kunais I had previously thrown up there. I finally had a perfect circle.

I sighed.

It was late in the night and yet I was restless. Maybe I should go out to the forest and train more. Glancing over to my desk, I stared down my weapons bag. Should I train?

Suddenly there was a loud thud against my window. Immediately my gaze looked towards the sliding glass door of my balcony as a second rock hit against the window. Lifting myself off my bed, I walked over to the sliding glass door to open it. Rubbing my eyes, I looked down towards the street below me to see Inojou leaning against a car.

"Saruto!" He yelled in excitement that I had still been awake.

"Shut up!" I whispered down to him, "You're going to wake Ms. Ikari!"

Ms. Ikari was a grumpy old lady that lived right next to us. A few times she had complained about noise and whenever I left the apartment at the same time she was leaving hers, she could never help herself but complain about her living conditions. My mother called her the apartment complex's grumpy old hag. She was not amused by her attitude and treatment towards everyone in the complex.

Inojou's face grew pale.

"Oh shit! Sorry!" he whispered back.

There was a long silence as I rubbed temples.

"Inojou, what do you want?'

He awkwardly smiled before rubbing his head. He nervously laughed.

"I stole my mom's car."

Inojou. The guy's not even of legal age to drive and I wanna bet that he wants to go for a joyride in his family's most expensive car.

"The Toyota Supra?" I questioned with an annoyed expression.

"Yes?" he said nervously.

Rolling my eyes, I looked back into my room and towards my desk that my weapon bag was on.

"Please! There's a party at the Pit!" he begged, "I need my wingman!"
Now, he was just desperate. You could almost say that he was ready to get on his hands and feet. Boy, would that be satisfying to watch. I stared back at him with a raised eyebrow. He stared back with a wide smile. It made him look stupid. I guess I need something to do with my night. But if we get caught...

"Ughhh..." I complained, "Fine, I'll go."

Suddenly his face lights up and punches the air, "Yes!"

As he throws his fist in the air I immediately scold him, "Quiet, Dumbass!"

He immediately returns to the ground to place his hand over his mouth. Rolling my eyes, I grab my shoes and coat from inside my living room, and then run out to my balcony. Leaping on the railing, I land on the lawn below. Inojou was already waiting in the driver's seat of the car and waited for me to jump in as well. He had this stupid smug look on his face. This was definitely gonna be one of those late nights.

"Dude, what the hell?" Inojou said as I hopped through the window of the open top car and sat down on the expensive leather seats.

I gave him a look of confusement as he looked at me with stupidity. Once I had finally traced his eye line towards my clothes. I then looked at what he was wearing. He wasn't wearing an open tropical shirt with his chest exposed. A bandana across his forehead, pulling back his hair from his face, and ripped jeans. Then I looked at myself, lifting the jean jacket that covered my black turtle with back jeans. I guess I was a little more conservative than him. What was the problem? It was just a party.