Chapter 32: Valley of the End

So this is where it all ended. Or rather in some aspects, begun.

We all hung back as Naruto and Sasuke looked over the edge of the cliffside and into the valley, side by side. Last time they had entered this valley, they initiated one of the most infamous fights in Konoha history. Out of respect for what they must be going through in this moment, we observed and would follow their lead.

However something about the valley was calling to me. They probably felt it too. The gravitational pull of it almost became unbearable. I yearned for them to make a move on the barely and in that instant thought, they did. Without a single world, they leapt off the cliff and into the underbelly of it. Seeing this as my chance to follow the calling, I followed slowly behind.

"Wait!" Kakashi exclaimed.

But it was too late, before he had finished that single word, I had already touched ground.

From the touch of my shoes I came to the realization that the valley was now overgrown. Flowers and grass stretched over the statues of Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju. And the middle the unison sign. Walking through the overgrown meadows, I had noticed the plants had overgrown so much that it split the stone of the statues. My hands stroked the tall flowers as I noticed a powerful chakra being emitting from them.

"Do you feel that?" Naruto surprised me from a patch of flowers beside me.

I stared at him wonderfully as he did remove his eyes from the batch of flowers that he had scooped up into his hands.

"The chakra..." I answered as I grabbed up the petals for myself.

However, the moment that they were teared from their roots, they welted up and died. The ashes of the flower blew away in the wind. I watched as the wind carried the ashes into a stream that cut its way through the valley. Following the stream down, I was met with Sasuke, who was crouched down with his hand dipped in the water. Dipping part of my foot into the water I noticed that the water was imbued with a powerful chakra. As the water glossed off the skin, it abruptly latched itself onto me. Reacting, I initiated everyone's attention. Unsure as to whether it was threatening or not, I immediately noticed Sasuke's hand on the handle of his sword. The water then climbed its way up my leg and through my pants and shirt. Causing my clothes to become soaked. Soon it reached my arm and then face. Suddenly the boiling sensation on my skin seemed to be purified. I had felt purified. We all stood in silence as the water then drizzled off me and back into the stream like it had never been disturbed in the first place.

"I have never seen water do that before," Inojou said.

From the corner of my eye, I saw as Sasuke tried to dip his hand in once more but to no effect. Rather than be suspicious of me because of this, he instead became curious as to what this meant.

Kneeling down, Kakashi felt the earth and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and then let it out slowly.

"The chakra in this place..."

"It's alive," Shikadami finished as she raised her hand up in the air to feel the wind, "It's in the wind."

"Yes," Naruto took a deep calming breath, "I feel it too."

From our apparent enlightenment, Sasuke walks through our circle and towards the ruins of the statues. None of us moved as he neared the base of it. Placing his hand on the ledge, he felt the stone with his immense chakra. There was no doubt that his mind was taking himself back to that day. The day that he had fought with Naruto. The day he had lost his arm. The day he had finally acknowledged Naruto.

Slowly we all approached the base as well to see that the stream had run over the runs. It looked like the shape of the stream was like blood. It was shown that two streams had become one. But there was no origin to the streams. It did not come from the mountains in the rain. It seemed to be coming out of thin air. As the gleaming stream fell down the face of the ruin I followed it to the ground. Crouching down, I looked into the shadow of the unison signed hands of the statue to see the water collecting in one spot. Peering inside I saw what could only be described as a flower that was on fire. But the fire was white. White fire. With everyone crouched down as well, I moved out of the way for them to see and make sense of it. As it seemed that we were getting close to it the flower began to envelop in a black shadow. Like the yin-yang. I watched intently as Sasuke and Naruto reached it at the same time, it glowed brighter. Soon it became unbearable as a surge of energy emitted from it. In the shock wave, we were all sent backward.

As we slowly came to ourselves, I immediately felt as though my chakra had been heightened to its full potential. No doubt that the others were feeling the same. As I looked around, I noticed Kakashi's hands spark as he felt the power be almost too much to conceal. I saw the same thing happen to the others.

As I looked back to the flower, it was shown that they wilted and died. The ashes disappearing into nothing and without a trace. Soon the rest of the ground in a surge of energy had scattered in dead weeds. We watched as the river climbed upward, disappearing at every second. Following its way back to the grave of the flower. Destroying all evidence of it being here. Like it never happened.

The valley that had once stored so much chakra was gone. And it seemed as though it had been emitted into us.

Suddenly, I understood the prophecy. It was so painfully obvious. This power that I had felt from the flower was something that seemed eternal. And back when Chinoshiki craved my blood which was my grandfather's blood. It created a flower that had immense power to the environment and people around it. That's what they wanted. The combined bloodlines is what created this beautiful chakra. Chakra that could fuel an entire world. That could give one individual the power of a billion shinobi. It was something that the Otsutuki had failed to complete with the Divine Tree. What they crave for is the destruction of world's and sate their hunger for the excessive chakra fruit.

This was proven when my grandfather's blood had mixed that last day of the war.

My bloodline held the key to blossoming...

the Infinite Chakra Flower.