Chapter 47: Pale Blue Rose Petals

"Your brother has died in battle."

My heart dropped as I felt my body heavy. Grabbing the door frame, I avoided their gaze as I began to shut the door.

Suddenly it stopped as the shinobi held his hand firm to avoid the door closing. Turning back to him with an irritated look, he bent his head low as he asked for my respects.

"The Third Hokage requests your presence to give his own respects."

My eyes widened as I thought about what he might say to me. He had been by my father's side when he had died in the first shinobi war. Now my brother has died. What more does this village want from me? As I held back the pooling tears, I looked at the man in the eye and nodded.

"Ok, I will notify Lord Third, Miss Kato."

Shutting the door, I waited for him to walk away. Thoughts had raced in my head as I felt the lingering sinful thoughts surface to the surface of my skin. I was alone. Everyone that I had loved was gone. As my breathing became shallow, I felt a hyperventilation begin to stir. As the wind began to become louder and louder, I cupped my ears to shield the noise. My thoughts were just too loud. As my heart began to race. I felt my chest aggressive pulse up and down.

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed, shielding my own ears by how powerful it was.

As I let out my pain, I closed my eyes and remembered my brother. I could feel every breath of air as it pulsed out of my mouth. As the room began to swirl, I stumbled to the back porch and ran into the garden. Falling to my knees, I cried out and the sudden burst of wind from my own lungs parted the trees and grass. Each flower being destroyed by its force.

I was alone.

Laying down on the ground, I looked to the sky and towards the moving clouds. I was lost in my own thoughts, I didn't know what I was thinking as I stared aimlessly up. Then suddenly I heard a broken branch beyond the garden. I flinched to my side and immediately sat up. Squinting into the shadows of the forest. I sense someone's breathing. As they revealed themselves, I recognized them almost immediately.

"Tsunade," I said in a shocked manner as I stood immediately and began to run over to her.

Putting out my arms she ran part of the way to meet in the light of the sun. As we both embraced one another. As we cried we hugged each other tighter. I focused on the wind around us to make it still and peaceful. I felt her gasp and open her eyes and marvel at the setting. I then pulled in a gentle breeze that took the fallen rose petals from the garden and swirled it in the fallen leaves of the trees.

Finally pulling away from another, I grabbed her hands and held them in front of us. Her eyes we watered and all she could do was look at the leaves and petals that swirled gently around us. I smiled as she noticed that the rose petals were a pale blue. Like his hair. Suddenly her eyes fell down and avoided my gaze.

Acknowledging her loss as much as mine, I caressed the top of her hand.

"Ori..."

Lightening up my face, I looked at her with longing.

"Yes?"

"I-I- I never told him!" she said with her eyes balling out, "I never told him!"

As my gaze became confused I squeezed her hands, "Tell him what?" Then it clicked, maybe.. "Tell him that you loved him? He knew that, Tsunade."

As she shook her head, I knew that I had it all wrong. What did she mean? Then I watched as she released her hands from my grasp and then placed it on her stomach. As I stared at her movements, my eyes widened.

Another breath.

"You're pregnant," I said softly in shock.

She smiled before crying again, "I'm pregnant."

I finally understood her pain. It was his baby and he never knew. Then I lifted my hand and looked at her.

"May I?" I respectfully asked.

As she nodded, I placed my hand on her stomach and felt the chakra that was flowing through her. My mind pondered as I felt the wind of the strong heartbeat. Both hers and the baby's. Closing my eyes, I moved my hand across and felt the baby's chakra.

"It's a boy..." I said, meeting her gaze.

Her face sank as she shed a tear. But this was a tear of happiness.

"And..."

"And?"

I closed my eyes once more as I embedded my own chakra to feel more of the baby's potential.

"The baby will have an affinity for the wind. He will move like the wind and through the leaves of Konoha, like his father did before him. Like a flash."

She then shed a tear and smiled.

Releasing my hand from her, I turned to head back to my cottage and walked.

"Where are you going?" Tsunade called after.

Turning back, I smiled.

Glancing down, I then looked back to her, "The harbor."

Immediately, her eyes widened as she knew exactly what I had meant to do. As she let me continue on it wasn't until moments later that she spoke up once more.

"Will I ever see you again?"

Keeping my back face, I spoke casually, "Hopefully not for a long time."

I then felt my body dissipate into the wind as I flew up in the sky and carried myself towards the harbor.

"The harbor," I said to my grandfather, "Minato."

I saw Lord Seventh shed a tear of happiness of knowing the truth, as he read the will more. The next part was for his eyes only but by his smile, I could tell it was good. He then revealed a small envelope in its pages and he then pulled out a pale blue rose petal. The symbol of the Kato clan.