Rescue (Part 2)

-Tam's Pov-

I walked down the tunnel with one thing on my mind. Sophie. Is she ok? Did they hurt her? They better not because if they did I'll-

"Hey Tam, Look" Dex said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"What?" I replied. "look on your left on the wall." He said. Swiveling to the left, the words on the wall read HELP in dark red, the spray paint dripping down the wall. 

Jeez I thought. "Why is that there?" I asked Dex. 

"Above it is the math classroom" Dex replied, with a small snicker. Usually I would laugh, but I have to keep moving to find Sophie. I reached the end of the tunnel where there was a ladder leading up to a trapdoor. The  footsteps cross over the top of the door, with very loud boots. "What do I do?" I whisper. "Try to look through the door." Dex replied.

"If I die, it's your fault." I told him and opened the door a crack, so I can see. the stone floors looked stained and dirty, while the walls are covered in cobwebs and dirty as well. The windows looked like they needed to be washed and the ceiling looked cracked and gross. There was no one in the hallway, and I quickly climbed out. Pulling my hood over my head, I quickly start looking through as many classrooms as I can, searching for Sophie. After looking through around nine classrooms, there was only one left. Surprisingly, the rooms that I searched had no guards, so Sophie must be in the last one. I slowly opened the door, and saw a glowing halo shaped like a girl, and it was the only light in the room, for the windows were closed. 

"Sophie?" I whispered. She flinched.

"Please....no more..." She said. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders.

"Sophie it's me, Tam." I told her and removed my hood. She stared at me. She looked ok physically, but even in the dark, I could see her eyes, her beautiful brown eyes, that had sparkled with life, had seemed to lose their joy and wonder. They filled with tears as she recognized me, and she struggled with her binds that tied her to a chair. 

"Tam.." She said. I quickly walked to her and pulled a pocket knife out of my coat. 

"I promise I won't hurt you." I reassured her when she saw the knife and flinched.

"Ok..." She said. I quickly cut her binds and she tried to stand, but fell over, and I caught her before she hit the ground. 

"Thank you..." She said. 

"Can you walk?" I asked. She shook her head. 

"Alright." I said and I bent down, so I could give her a piggy back ride. When we were settled, I stepped out of the dark room and carried her back to the trapdoor, which I climbed down, doing my best not to hurt her. Jogging to the end of the tunnel, I emerged outside, where the cold air greeted me. I breathed it in, and it did it's magic, making me refreshed. 

"Breathing cold air is.....the....best." She said, with much strain. 

"very true." I told her. Jogging halfway across the grassy area, I heard shouting behind me and an alarm sound. Sophie yelped and I cursed. 

"They found us!" Dex said in my ear.

"No shit." I replied. 

"No cussing." Sophie said and I rolled my eyes.

"Cammie is coming in her car, she's almost there!" Dex yelled in my ear. A bullet flew past my ear, missing me by inches. Sophie whimpered.

"Are you ok?" I asked her? 

"mhm..." She said and her arms tightened around my neck. I saw A purple monster truck driving full speed toward, and swerved so the passenger door was facing us.

"GET IN" Cammie yelled. A bullet hit the metal of the car and she cursed. I hopped in shotgun and put Sophie on my lap, and buckled us both. I closed the door, wrapped my arms around trembling Sophie, and we hightailed out of there. looking in the review mirror, I could see men getting in cars, and revving their engines, and the chase started.

700 Words!

I hope you like this chapter! I know I haven't updated in a while, and I'm sorry. Also I wanted to address that even though I didn't update, please don't spam me to update or go to my other books to tell me to update. It stresses me out so please stop. Thank you and don't forget to follow me, like my story, and comment! (But not too much commenting) Have a good day, night, or in-between