Ch. 15: High/Lows/Exes

AN: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!! WHAT A WAY TO START A NEW YEAR WITH A UPDATE RIGHT???? Thanks to @JustineCenteno @CharissaPrice and @LauraHoover for your comments... glad that you are enjoying the story!

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 15

            They worked on Alex’s song ‘With You’, and she was able to move her jaw fine, and so they went on with the a few other songs, and then after they knew that she could sing fine, they went through one rehearsal with Alex, and then as Nick was singing ‘A Little Bit Longer’, he decides to have Alex come out to sit down with him on the bench and sing with him, and he decided to that he would give her the cue to play the last note/key of the song.

“This is gonna be so much fun you guys,” Alex said.  “I’ve missed singing with my brothers!”

“We missed you,” Nick told her.

“So how are we gonna tell them?” she asked.

“I think she should just come out without an announcement and sings with you guys on the opening song,” Greg said. “Or when we’re singing ‘With You’ just have the music start and she sitting right there on stage with you.  We’d make it black and she’s sitting down and singing with you.”

“Ooo yeah that’d be fun,” Alex said.  She looks at her brothers.  “Totally your call.  It’s still your show.”

Nick smiled, “I think ‘With You’.  It would be a great time.”

Alex nods.  “Ya, I don’t want to over do my jaw either.”

“Let’s see how tonight goes and if we need to cut back we always can,” Kevin said.

She nod, “Thank you.”

“So let’s go get ready, do some rehearsal,” Nick said business side kicking in.

Alex kisses his cheek since she was sitting next to him on the bench and stands up and looks at her brothers.  “Maybe if we could after tonight… maybe we can squeeze in ‘Irresistible’ and have Derek out here while I sing to him,” she smiled with an evil grin.

“I think that would be a great surprise for him!” Joe smiled.

“Let’s just focus on this... we’ll time it,” Nick told them.

“Awwww, but Nicky,” Alex said.  “Your eyes bugged out when I surprised you, don’t you wanna help me and get your own revenge?”  She gave him her little puppy dog eyes and put out her bottom lip.

“No.  We’ll look at the list tonight and see what we can do.”

They all agreed and got to work to make sure everything was going to be great.

During rehearsal Alex spotted Derek to the side of the stage and smiled, waving at him, not breaking her note.

Derek smiled and waved back at her and sat down to watch the rest of the concert.

During ‘With You’ even though it was meant for the boys, she couldn’t help but smile in Derek’s direction.

            Nick noticed Alex looking at Derek and without meaning to he started to get upset.

This was her song for us, not him, he thought.

After the song, Alex looks back at her brothers and saw that they were all hurt, angry almost.

She felt confused and after they were done with rehearsal they just walked out, without saying a word.  She ran after them.

“What’s wrong?” she asked reaching them.  “What did I do?”