Ch. 34: The final Goodbye

AN: Hey everyone... here is the next chapter... one more and it's done... I have been down the past 24 hours because a friend is leaving and I don't know if I'll ever hear from that person again. Just 'snail mail' is the only way I'll hear back... but I don't think I'll hear back from ever once my friend leaves next week.

NOTHING WRONG happens in the next chapter... so don't have to have issues with reading it.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 34

When Alex opened her eyes in the morning her husband wasn’t beside her.  She sat up, covering up and she seen him standing by the mirror, with his pants on, no shirt, and was checking his hair, he heard her move and saw her in the mirror, and turned to smile, “Good morning wifey.”

“Good morning hubby,” she giggles and then yawns and stretches and inhales.  “Ouch.”

“You okay sweetie?” Derek said going to Alex’s side gently brushing her face.

“Just sore from last night.”

“I’m sorry,” he said, “But you were incredible.”

She smirked, “Thank you,” then blushes.

“Don’t blush baby,” he laughed, “I gave you those dancing hips.”

She giggles, “I just can't believe that, we’re married.”  She looks at her hand to see her rings together with her brother/sister ring next to it.  She frowned studying her brothers’ ring.

“What the matter darling?” Derek asked.

“I feel like… I need to depart with my ring.  My brother/sister ring.”  She looks over at the bed stand to see the necklaces of her brother and Derek’s.  “And Kevin’s locket.”  She looks down, “But I don’t think I can.”

“I have and idea,” he said.

She looks up, “What?”

“I have someone who can get you some nice display cases to store them in, we can keep at our house,” he said, smiling to see if she noticed his slip.

“What?  Display them, why when they are valuable.  They’re priceless to me.  I can’t do that.  I don’t want to stop wearing them?  But I feel like I need to move on with my life.”

“No, baby, I mean you know how when people have those glass dolls, they have special glass cases to store them in and put them somewhere where they can see them every day,” he said, “I know someone who can get you a couple nice ones so you can keep them without wearing them, but can see them every day!”

She looks at the ring and takes it off and grabs her locket and then hands them to him.  “Here,” she said softly letting a tear fall.

            He placed them in their suitcase and he held onto her, “I’m sorry your sad, Ali.”

She shakes her head.  “No, I need to move on.  I’m a Hough, I’m no longer a Jonas.  I can’t latch onto the past.”

“You’ll always be a Jonas,” he said, “You could even hyphenate your name.  I know how much your family means to you.”

She shakes her head, “No, I married you, I took your name, I’m now a Hough.”

“Ali, why are you being so stubborn,” he said, “I don’t want you cutting out your family.”

“I’m not going to.  Just that I don’t need them anymore.”

Derek took her wrists, and lightly brushed her tattoos, “Even if you don’t wear the jewelry, you’ll have them with you every day!”