Ch. 22: Shaking Off All of the Pain

AN: Hey everyone... didn't do well on the test... I have another one, but I'm sure that I'll do better on it.  ANYWAYS... I want to dedicate this chapter to @WeLuvMusic15 for the lovely comment about my writing, @daniak01 for amazingly reading the whole series in just a few days LOL, and MariaReynoso for her wonderful comment. Thanks again for reading... here is your new update.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 22

Jen and Nick were in her front room talking when there was a knock on the door, and Jen went to go answer it.

“Nick?” he heard Jen ask.

“What baby?” he asked.

“Someone is here to see you.”

“Who is it?” he asked, getting up to kiss her, then seeing Alex behind her.  He stopped and took time to deepen the kiss or a second, “Go in the front room, sweetie, I’ll be back in a minute.”

Jen walked into the other room and Nick crossed his arms, looking at his older sister.

“What?” he asked, tears in his eyes already, “What more can you possible have to say to me?”

Alex starts to sing, “I want someone to love me, For who I am. I want someone to need me. Is that so bad? I wanna break all the madness, But it’s all I have. I want someone to love me, For who I am.”

He then sees that she pulls up her sleeves to show him these tattoos.

I’m shaking it off. I’m shaking off all of the pain. You’re breaking my heart,

Breaking my heart once again…”  She just let the tears fall.  “I want someone to love me. For who I am. I want someone to need me. Is that so bad? I wanna break all the madness But it’s all I have. I want someone to love me, For who I am...”

            Nick walked over, ran his fingers over her tattoos and kissed them as well, like Joe did. He pulled her into a tight hug and started to cry, “I love you, please don’t cut me out.”

“I won’t.  I’m sorry.  I just was hoping that you’d see the plans that Derek and I had, and I forgot that you have to grow up sometime,” she hugs him while stilll crying.

“Alex, if Derek was hurting, wouldn’t you run to him as soon as you knew you could fix it?” he said.

“Yes,” she said not wanting to let go.

“Then do you understand why I had to come to her?” he asked letting her grip him.

She let go nodding.  “I guess I’ll just see you whenever you come home.  I’m sorry.  Have fun.”

She turns around and wipes her tears away, and got back in the car and left Nick on the doorstep watching her leaving.