Ch. 24: Say Yes to the Dress

AN: Here you go... no one really helped guess on what the dress would be (tisktisktisk), so I guess I'll just so you the dress that I found for Alex then...

But I did promise an update this week, SO here is your update and thanks for the comments and votes on this story... glad that everyone loves it, and it's going to be sad to see it end.

And sorry about the Chapter being short... but you'll love me later....

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 24

            Alex was about to give up on her last dress that she just got out of.

            “Heather, I’m done,” Alex told her.  “I guess I’ll try another shop.”

            “Ms. Jonas, please, just one more dress.  Tori just sent me a message that your brothers and sister agreed on this one dress together.  If you don’t like it after you try it on, they you can stop,” Heather told her.

            Alex sighed, “I’m tried, I’m hungry.  I know that my brother Nick needs to get a bite to eat or a snack before he’s in trouble with his diabetes.”

            “Just this one dress.  Tori is bringing it here right now.”

            “Fine.”

            Tori walked into the room carrying another bag with another dress inside.  “Okay, Alex, this one and you are done.  I think you’ll really love this one.  All of them picked it together.”

            Alex sighed, “Tori, would you please double check on my brother Nick.  He’s a diabetic and I’d hate to see him have issues.”

            “We have fruit, juice, and candy, and he’s been fine.  But I will check on him for you.”

            “Thank you,” Alex felt better that someone could check on him.

            Alex saw the dress as Heather started to take it out.  “Ugh, I hate it already.”

            “You haven’t even tried it on.  Please.  Just let them see it on you before you take it off.”

            Alex didn’t say anything but did agree and put the dress on.

            Alex noticed that it was a one-piece dress.  The train was attachable, which she thought would be helpful that after the wedding she could have it gathered and dance in it that was a bonus.  She looked at the front and noticed that it had beaded work at the top and bottom, very nice designed, flowers and leaves and vines, which Alex giggled picturing the title of her brothers fourth album ‘Lines, Vines, and Trying Times’, so it wasn’t too bad.  There was a lot of detail design across her chest that at the top was blue strip with white flowers, and went all the way around her chest to the back.  The thin straps were also blue and beaded for detail.

            “There you are,” Heather smiled as she had Alex turn around to show the back.

            When Alex looked she inhaled, and saw the blue flowed down from her back and down to a wide pool of blue, but had more of the flowers, vines, and leaves.  The top was just done up with buttons, and then down to her waist, but looked like the rest of the dress was buttons to the end.  She saw the train gets spread out to show her the bottom more of the blue.

            “Well?” Heather asked.

            Alex started to cry, “Do we have a veil and pins to do up my hair before we go out there?”

            “Of course,” Heather smiled and picks up the veil that Alex choose after she bobbie-pins her hair up, and puts the veil into place.

            Alex looks in the mirror one more time.  “I’m ready.”

~*~*~*~

            Everyone put the books back, and waited for Alex to come out.

            Nick was eating an apple and some juice that Tori brought with her telling him that it was Alex’s request, which he thanked her, and was glad that after the dress they decided to go get some dinner so he could eat.

            “I’m glad that Alex always puts you first Nick,” Dani told her.

            “Me too.  She’s so worried about you,” Jen told her.

            “Hey, she loves you, and she know when you need taken care of,” Joe added.

            Soon they see Tori come back in as Heather peeks out.

            “Are we ready?” she asked.

            “Ya,” they said together.

            Soon Heather moved the curtain as Alex steps out into the room and watches her brothers, Denise, Mandy, Jen, and Dani’s faces have shock, jaws dropped, or big smiles.

            “Alex…” Kevin started and had a few tears fall as Tori hands him a box of tissues to take some.

            “You’re beautiful,” Joe and Denise told her as they took some tissues.

            Alex smiles as she goes to stand on the platform again and Heather fans out the train for them to see.

            “Alex, it’s lovely,” Dani said and Jen nods in agreement.

            “Derek is going to dance down that isle to get you,” Mandy smiled.

            “No, he’s going to flip for her,” Denise smiled taking some tissues.

            “Thanks everyone,” she said as she looks at herself again in the mirror.

            Nick and Alex look at each other and locked their eyes at each other.

            Nick smiles, “I knew that this was the dress when I saw it first.”

            “Nicholas, you picked it?” Alex asked in shock.

            “I know your style in taste of clothes.  It’s you,” he smiled.

            Alex had a few tears fall.  “Thank you.”

            Everyone knew that it was the dress for Alex to get married in.

~*~*~*~

            After pictures were taken on their cell phones and sent for Paul to see, they paid for the dress, and would come back later to make sure that it fit her again, and then went to go get something to eat.  Plus, nothing would happen to it while at the Jonas’ house, even if Derek saw it before the big day.

~*~*~*~*~

AN: SO... what do you think of the dress?????  CVF

Until next week...