Ch. 9: Wrong Choice

AN: Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving... been busy writing and had homework over the break, so I didn't update sooner... but school is almost over... 3 weeks left, and then three weeks of Christmas break... So here is the next update...

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 9

            Joe just sat there holding Alex’s hand as the medics were taking care of his sister and her face did look like it was broke.

            “How bad is it?” Joe asked trying not to cry.

            “We won’t know until we get some x-rays done.  But don’t worry, she’s fine.  I can tell that she’s a fighter.”

            Joe smiled, “She is.  A damn good one.”

            “Um, son…” a medic said and points to Alex’s wrists.  “Do you know anything about these?”

            Joe nodded not wanting to talk about them.  “She cut herself a week ago, but she’s been fine and the medicine that her doctor gave her to put on them healed it really good.”

            “How long has she cut?”

            “Oh, that’s only a third time,” Joe told him.  “Her first cut was back in January.”

            “She isn’t repeating it then?”

            “No.  She’s pretty much been around us most of the time.  We made sure nothing is sharp around her.”

            “Okay, thank you.”

            “Please don’t say anything.  She’s really trying her strongest to stop.”

            “We just wanted to know, but someone might ask you or her about them.”

            Joe nodded, “I understand.”

            They soon got to the hospital, and they all got out and headed inside.

            “Can you fill out the paper work for your wife,” a nurse asked him as she gave him a clipboard.

            “Oh, she’s my sister,” Joe told her quickly.  “I’m not married.”

            She smiled, “I’m sorry.  Do your best in filling it out what you can.”

            Joe nodded, and just went to sit down and filled out the best he could on the papers.  He froze when he read cutter.  He looks at the nurse and then he skips around, and as he gets the main stuff, his mom walks in with the rest behind her.

            “How is she?” Denise asked.

            “I don’t know?  I’ve been filling this stuff out.”

            Denise took the clip.  “Oh Joe honey.  Let me fill it out.”

            “What did I do wrong?” he asked worried..

            She smiled, “Nothing is wrong honey.  Just that you put your information in.”

            “Oh,” Joe said forming an ‘O’ with his mouth.

            “Go sit with your brothers and I’ll take care of this.”

            Joe went to go sit down with Kevin and Nick he realized that some faces were missing?  “Where is Dani and Frankie?  Where is Derek?”