Ch. 21: Stay/Permanent Scar

AN: Okay it's a little confusing chapter I think (I reread it over and over again to spell check and other stuff too), but it has a powerful surprising end... I wish that I could have a picture for the ending of this chapter but I don't... but you can picture it how you think it'll be... But the video (song) is in the story so you can read along or listen while you read it :)

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 21

Nick woke to the sound of someone making coffee.

Alex, he thought. He got out of his bed smiling and frowned to see it was Joe.

“Where’s Alex?” he asked.

“Her and Derek were gone when I got up this morning,” Joe said.

“So they actually did go home?” Nick said tears in his eyes.

“Yes they did,” Joe said.

Nick was sulking through the rest of the tour.  The only time he seemed to be happy was when he was with Jen. But eventually things were done, they performed their last show and they were headed home.

~*~*~*~

            Alex and Derek were at the kitchen table looking at her wedding planner that she still wanted her dream wedding to be, which Derek was totally fine with.

            They had a pile of books, magazines, and brochures to look at for other stuff that they wanted.  Derek and Alex were now working on the guest list for both sides of their friends and family, and then a check list of what needed to be done and what they had done already as a couple.

They heard the front door open and Alex braced herself for a lot of drama.

“ALEX!” Joe and Kevin came in latching themselves to her.

“Alex we missed you!” they said.

“Hey!  Where’s Nick?” she asked as she stood up to hug her two brothers.

“With Jen,” Joe said.  “He was too hurt to come home.  She tried to tell him to come home, but he refused.  When we dropped them off we tried to change his mind, but he ignored us and he said he’s staying at Jen’s.”

“I have to go find him,” Alex said.  “Joe can you program the directions to her place into my GPS?”

“Of course,” he said and ran out to her car.

“Derek honey I’m sorry, but I have to go find him,” Alex said.

“It’s okay baby, please go,” he said kissing her lips.

Alex grabbed her coat and keys and went out to the car.

Joe was pushing a few more buttons on the GPS and smiled.  “You should be all set,” he said.

“Thank you,” she said, as he climbed out.

“Joey, come with me?” she asked.

“Of course,” he said.

He got in the driver’ seat and had Alex sit in the passenger’s seat.  Her nerves were shot, and worried about her little brother.

Joe drove them to Jen’s house as she was trying to calm down.

“You make a scratch on this car you’re paying for it,” Alex told him.

“You know I won’t,” he said as they pulled onto Jen’s street.

They pulled into her driveway and Alex couldn’t get unbuckled fast enough.

“Alex… wow… I sure hope that you’re okay with that…” Joe told her.