Ch. 16: black sheep?

AN: Here is an update... I had a great morning, and then this evening it crashed, so I have some stuff to do tomorrow hoping to fix it all, so I thought that I'd update tonight for you...

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 16

            Alex stormed onto the bus where Derek was waiting.

“Whoa Ali,” he said.  “What’s wrong WITH YOU?”

“It’s going to be a black sheep in this family now.”

“What are you talking about, Ali,” he said taking her arms trying to get her to stop pacing.

“Nick’s ex-girlfriend was at the M&G tonight, and come to find out she called mom and dad and told them that she has changed, so they get her the pass.  This girl almost ruined my brothers.  She made Nick change.  He was late for everything.”

“Nick?  Late?” he said.  “That doesn’t sound like him.”

“No, but with this girl mom was worried about him.  He was so in love with her, it was sick to read what she was doing.”

            “But if he loves her,” he said, “maybe it’s worth trying to let him try.  What if she has and he’s happy.  Don’t you want your brother to be happy?”

“Of course I do.  Joe too.  But… if she’s trying to get in between us…” she stopped.

“So you need to go talk to him,” he said.  “Don’t start on a rough foot, go talk to him.”

“I can’t talk to them right now.  You saw what I did at the show tonight.”

“Alex,” he said making her look at him.  “Just try, it needs to be discussed anyways.  Maybe Nick’s ready to talk about it now.”

She sighed.  “I’m just upset on what I saw.  They exchanged phone numbers.  I’m the oldest, I should be worried about this… right?”

“You can be concerned and worry.  Of course, baby, but don’t judge her too soon yet.”

Alex nods, “I’m getting ready for bed.”  She went to go get ready for bed.

~*~*~*~

The boys walked back to the buses as Nick with a stupid grin on his face, his fingers feverishly texting.

“Nick,” Joe asked, “Who are you texting?  I thought you had a song you wanted to finish?  We gonna do that.”

“Yea, I just want to talk to Jen really quick,” Nick smiled.

“Jen?” Kevin asked, “Wow, Nick we can’t have a repeat.  You have to stay on task.”

“Nothing is going to happen.  She just told me that she’s changed and mom and dad got her the pass.  That’s why she was here tonight.”

“Um, did you forget about someone else that is apart of this family that we also need to have a talk with?” Joe asked.

            “Nope,” he said, “We’ll talk to Alex tomorrow.  She’s probably in bed already anyways.”  His eyes never left his phone, as he walked onto the bus.

Joe looked at Kevin with nervous eyes.

“This could be trouble,” Joe said.

            Kevin grabs the phone from Nick and tosses it to Joe.

            “HEY!” Nick hollered, “What the hell?!?!?!”

Joe held it above his head.  “Two choices Nick.  Either you text Jen and talk to her tomorrow… or I delete her name and the text messages right now.”