Ch. 10: Be in the Way or A Burden

AN: Hello it's a little short but that's because I like the ending for the chapter... so tell me what you think... thanks....

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 10

Alex was sitting up still drugged with the medication for the pain, and mom, Dani, and Frankie were in the room.  Alex was given a pad of paper and a marker to use to write down what she wants to tell her family.

Then they see the door open and saw the boys and dad with Rob too.

“Alex!!!!!!” Nick said, running over to hug her.

She hugs back as she cries.

“Awww, sis,” Nick said, “Please don’t cry.”

She goes back to a page that she wrote down on earlier with the others and showed him.

“No talk… no sing…” he read.

“Awww, sis you’ll be alright,” he said.  “It’s just a few weeks.”

She went back to another page and the number six was on it.

“Yes, we know,” he said.  “But, we’re here and you’ll be with us on tour.  We won’t leave you behind.”

She nods putting the pad down and looks at it.  Not looking at anyone in the room.

“Sis, talk to us,” Joe said, smiling.

She doesn’t even move just stares at the pad and paper.

“Alex,” Kevin said, “I’m sorry if we’ve upset you.”

She shook her head and then wrote down and shows them.

“Not you... him,” Joe read.

“Him who?” Nick asked.

She stared at them with a death stare.

“Alex,” Denise said, “Explain, tell us what’s wrong!”

Alex then said it without writing it down, “Crish!” she yelled.

“Ok ok,” Kevin said.  “Don’t stress yourself out.  Don’t talk.”

“He’s in jail sis,” Joe said.  “You don’t have to worry about him anymore.”

“Yeah,” Nick said.  “I knocked him a good one.”

“Yup,” Kevin said.  “We all did, you’ll be back to singing in no time.  If you heal quick and work hard at recovering you can aim for 4 weeks instead of six.”

Then surprisingly, Alex did something with her hands that surprised the family.  Denise was in shock.

“I’ll never be able to be on stage with you anymore.  I can’t sing, I can’t talk, I can’t eat,” Denise read as Alex was using American Sign Language.

“I know sis,” Kevin said, “but harsh, we didn’t do this.  If we could fix it we would.”

There was a knock on the door and Derek came in with flowers, “Hey sweetie, I finally got back.  Sorry it took me so long.” He walked over, kisses her forehand and set her flowers down on the nightstand next to her bed.

“Did you tell your work?” Paul asked.

“Yeah, these flowers are from everyone there.  They send you there get well wishes and they'll prayer for a faster recovery.”

Alex wanted to smile, but she couldn't.  She frowns as she drew a smile face on the paper.

            “I love you Ali,” he said.  “I’m here until you are better.  I’ll go on tour with you guys if I have too.  I am not leaving your side till you can say it back.”