STAY GOLD ✓

(Edited)

I woke up earlier the next morning, around 7 a.m. I was no longer conscious of my appearance. I immediately exited my room. It had never been so quiet on the floor before. I noticed a yellow-colored sticky note with something written on it as I was closing the door of my room. I massaged my eyes and began to read.

It read,
'Good morning Jia. We all are in our studios. We might come back late. Don't expect us for any of the meals. Talk to Bang PD once you get free and don't miss us more. Though, we will miss you.'
-RM

I was already missing them while reading the note. I walked into the living room, sat in a chair near the television, and turned to face the perfectly clean glass. I noticed that there were very few cars on the route. In the morning, Seoul appeared to be more beautiful. This was my favorite place to reflect and spend time alone.

For a few minutes, I sat there. I got up, walked to my room, freshened up, and locked the door after a while.

I headed down to the nearest park with my earphones plugged in, a mask on, and a bottle of water. For nearly an hour, I sat there. I was sitting on a bench and couldn't help but be impressed by the city's splendor.

Even if it was only for a few months, I felt fortunate to be in Seoul

The natural beauty of the park soothed me.

I was about to leave after sorting my thoughts when I noticed a young man in his early twenties lying on the ground. He was tall and had a pleasing appearance. He was having trouble breathing. Sweat was dripping down his face. I approached him and inquired, "Hello? Are you able to hear me? Is everything okay with you?"

Stranger: "Help me." His tone was heavier.

My left arm was still fractured at the moment, so I felt helpless. But I had no choice but to help him. I gently sat him down with my right hand on his neck. I made him sip from my bottle. While he was drinking water, I kept patting his back.

After 5 minutes, he seemed okay. 
Me: "Are you feeling better now?"

I had the feeling that he didn't grasp what I was saying. "Thank you," he responded, though.

I sat him down on the bench after closing the bottle and holding his hand. We were approached by an Ajusshi who dashed towards us. They were both speaking in Korean, which I didn't understand.

The man: "Thank you lady for helping sir."

Me: "What happened to him?"

The man: "He had been jogging for a long time and was out of breath. Nothing to be concerned about. He's OK now. Thank you for helping him."

Me: "My pleasure."

The man: "We will take a leave."

Both of them ran quickly after the boy thanked me, put on a mask, looked at me, and winked. Their actions appeared odd.

"What makes a middle-aged man address a young boy as sir? Whatever it was, at the very least I was able to help someone."
I quickly returned to the dorm while talking to myself.

After a quick shower, I called Bang PD.
Me: "Hello sir. Jia this side."

Bang PD: "Hello Jia, I hope you doing well."

Me: "Yes Sir. Thank you for asking. I hope you are fine too."

Bang PD: "What you call me?" (I was controlling my laughter while hearing him speak broken English. It sounded cute.)

Me: "Sir, I am considering enrolling in a Korean language class. Members are preoccupied with their work. After being alone for an entire day, I'd be bored."

There was a pause on the other side. After a while,
Bang PD: "Sure, you can. I send someone to escort you." 

I could make out how he had some difficulty in deciphering what I was speaking.

Me: "But I'm not a celebrity or anything. It might look odd to walk around with someone who is constantly following me."

Bang PD: "I hire you bodyguard who won't be old. If someone asks, say he is your Oppa (older brother). Your family is strict as you are not Korean. So your brother follow you." 

I eventually smiled as I listened to his cute English.
Me: "Okay sir. Can I go out to look at the classes in the area around our dorm?"

Bang PD: "Okay. I send your bodyguard. He reach in 15 minutes to dorm. His name is Lee Eun Ki. And he know many languages including English."

Me: "Oh! That's great. Thank you, sir. I will get ready by then."

With that, I disconnected the call. Thankfully I won't be bored now.

___

Extra info

Oppa (오빠) means an 'older brother'. It is a term used by females. However, it is widely used to address an older male that a girl feels close to, such as a brother, friend, or boyfriend.