30. Hold Back

Izuku was slowly approaching Eric. Absolute silence plaguing whole arena, none dared to utter a single word.

„Allright, since I can't harm him directly with my powers, that leaves me out with my 6th sence, voice of obedience, shadow manipulation and few tricks for cryomancy. This will be interesting." Izuku thought. „I still have to hold back, but he might atleast put up some decent fight."

Izuku started speeding up towards Eric, until he got close and clashed swords with him. He started swinging left and right, but all of his slashes got blocked by Eric. He then jumped back abit.

„Allright, his swordsmanship skills are really good, not better than me, but still impressive." Izuku thought with wide smirk on his face.

This time, Eric was the one that rushed at Izuku and swung his blade, but Izuku ducked and sneaked under his arm behind him and climbed on Eric's back. Then he tossed aside his sword and put his arm around Eric's neck and started choking him.

Eric started struggling, trying to grasp Izuku, which he accomplished and tossed him away and then fell on his knees, gasping for air. Izuku took a chance and formed ice-sword in his hand with cryomancy and in split of second got to Eric, holding his blade on Eric's neck.

„Do you yield?" Izuku asked, staring at Eric.

Eric slowly looked at Izuku. „No!" He said and trusted his blade right at Izuku's stomach.

Izuku however simply caught the blade and started switching between Hellflame and Cryomancy, until the blade shattered into pieces.

„Well, do you yield now?" Izuku asked again.

Eric just slowly nodded his head in defeat.

„UNBELIEVABLE, ERIC ROSWELL WAS DEFEATED. I BET NOONE HERE EXPECTED THIS. NOW THEN, LIKE WE ALL KNOW, ANYONE THAT DEFEATES OUR CHAMPION HAS RIGHT FOR ONE WISH. WE ARE ALL EARS KIDDO, WHAT DO YOU DESIRE." Voice said.

„One wish huh? I honestly don't feel like I need anything, but I don't want to waste this chance." Izuku looked at Eric, whose head hanging down. „Got it."

„Allright, I wish to see the man under the helmet." Izuku said with straight face.

„ARE YOU SURE THIS IS YOUR WISH?"

„Yes I am. It was a long time since I had so much fun fighting someone. I wish to see face of the man that gave me such good time." Izuku said, looking at Eric.

Eric stood up and took off his helmet to reveal elder man, somewhere around his fifties. He had long, blonde-grey hair, middle length beard and scar going across his left eye.

 He had long, blonde-grey hair, middle length beard and scar going across his left eye

Izuku stood there in awe. He was expecting some cliche op, 18 year old guy, but he was glad it was normal man.

„Not what you expected?" Eric asked.