𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 14

I sighed opening the door and aiming right for the stairs but stop when I heard my dad speak.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked, I could tell he was not impressed.

"I was at Chloe's." I said turning to face him.

"Really? This whole time you were with her?" He said crossing his arms, I rolled my eyes.

"Where else would I be?" I ask giving him the same tone he was giving me.

"Don't speak to me like that young lady, I told you to stay away from him." He said getting more angry.

"You know what dad I'm not to fond of you right now, so I would really appreciate some space and for it to leave me along." I told him turning around and heading upstairs.

"You are grounded!" He yelled at me for the bottom of the stairs.

"For what dad? For what! I have done absolutely nothing wrong! Okay maybe I've been hanging out with a boy you don't like but why does it matter huh? You haven't give me any good explanation as to why I should stay away from him. So unless you wanna man up and tell you then no, I'm not grounded." The words just fell out of my mouth. What the hell was I think? He's gonna kill me. He looked at me shocked, I mean I was pretty speechless too. I turned around a walked into my room this time and shut the door behind me. I just told my dad that I was not grounded, who am I to tell my parents that I'm not grounded, I was honestly proud of myself for once.

The next morning I got out of bed around 6am when my alarm went off, I walked downstairs to find no one, there was a note on the counter from my mom.

Y/n.

Your dad has left for work, I heard about what happened last night, not impressed sweetie. I left with your father, we will be back later tomorrow night. Be good and don't leave the house only for school. There's some money by the phone for you to order food.

Love mom.

Great. I grabbed a granola bar and ate it, I'll get something else on my way to school with Chloe. I got ready and waited outside for Chloe, she pulled up about 5 minutes later.

"Hey." She said as I got into the car handing me the aux, I smiled back at her.

"So, proms coming up soon, got anyone in mind?" She asked pulling out of my driveway.

"Maybe but I don't know." I said.

"Who? Jaden?" She smirked turning to look at me then back at the road in front of her.

"Ya ya, well I know who you got your eyes on." I said to her making he blush a bit.

"Oh really? Who then?" She asked not thinking I knew who.

"Pfff I see the way you look at Sam, if your worried the feelings not mutual, don't be. You should see the way that man looks at you in Spanish class like wow I'm jealous sometimes." She laughed.

"You really think?" She asked worried.

"Um ya, shoot your shot and if I doesn't work out, his lose." I said to her as we pulled into the cafe to get food.

After we ate we went to school and parted ways until we saw each other at lunch, she was talking to Sam, finally. After lunch we had a few classes together and then the day was over, it went by pretty fast.

"Need a ride?" She asked me as I followed her to her car.

"Uh ya- oh wait no I'm good, thanks though. I'll see you tomorrow." I told her as she smiled and got into her car.

I saw Jaden leaning against his car in the back of the parking lot, I forgot he was coming to get me. I started walking up to him.

"Hey baby, how was your day." He asked as I came over to him.

"Better now that your here." I smiled kissing him. He got of the car and we got into it.

"So were are we going?" I asked buckling my seatbelt.

"To the mall." He said driving out of the parking lot.

"Why exactly are we going to the mall?" I asked him confused.

"You'll see." He said smiling over at me.