𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1

I sat on the couch in the living room, my dad was on a business trip and my mom was on vacation with her best friend for her birthday so that left me home, alone.

It was fun for the first few days but now I have nothing to do, I just finished my 4th movie of the night so I decided to turn off Netflix and watch the actual TV, when I turned off Netflix's the last thing on TV was the news, there was a "breaking news" report, I was intrigued so I watch.

The report was talking about a break in that was on the same street I lived on 'shit' I said to myself, the report said police are looking for the intruder and to locked all doors and contact authorities if you see or find anything suspicious, I was a bit freaked out so I stood up checking to see if all the doors were locked. Once I was done I closed the blinds in the house and called my mom, straight to voice mail, I called my dad, picked up 3 ring.

"Hey honey, what's up?" He said.

"Hi dad, I was just watching the news and they were talking about a break in just down the street, I check the doors and there all lock, I also closed the curtains but I'm kinda scared." I said nervously, I mean I wasn't terrified but I just didn't like the thought of someone breaking into my house especially me being home alone.

"Oh shit, well I gotta get back the my hotel but please be safe, I text your mom letting her know. Text Y/B/F (your best friend) letting her know too, keep us posted, love you and stay safe." He said and we said our goodbyes.

I calmed down thinking that 'well this persons already broke into someone's house on the same street, and if there smart they'll know that the police are probably around the area so they're probably long go by now.' I lied on the couch and turned the channel to friends, love that show.

I was snapping my friends and we were all talking about the situation for a bit. I put my phone down and focused on the TV for a bit, after about 5 minutes I heard what sounded like the door opening, I almost shit my pants, I sat up grabbing the remote and flicking the TV off leaving me in darkness, I heard the door close and I tip toed ran into the kitchen grabbing a knife, I didn't know if it was a friend playing a prank or if I was bout die, I didn't hear anything so I went to turn the corner and flip the light switch on when I felt a hand wrap around my waist and on on my mouth.

"Not so smart." I heard a voice say into my ear, I froze not moving. They took the knife and placed it on the counter placing their hand on my hip this time.

"Walk over the the couch and don't make a sound, got it?" They said and I could hear them putting something away but I wasn't sure what it was, I nodded my head, they let
go and I thought about go to the couch like I was told but I tried to turn the corner running to the door, they blocked my way grabbing my wrist and chucking my on the couch climbing onto on top of me pinning my hands above my head and a head on my mouth.

"What the fuck did I tell you?" He said in a harsh voice, I could tell in was a male from the deep tone in his voice. He looked at me from what I could see, it was pitch black around except for the light in the backyard coming from the kitchen window.

"To sit on the couch." I gulped, he chucked, I was honestly terrified.

"Ya, and you didn't listen did you?" He said pushing some of my hair out of my face with his hand that was once coving my mouth, I shock my head.

"Okay, your gonna tell me where the valuables are and I'll leave without you being harmed, got it?" He said and I nodded once again.

"Upstairs in my parents room there's a safe, it's in the closet and there's money and jewelry inside it." I said shaking, he got off my grabbing my hand dragging me off the couch, I was confused but terrified so I just followed without questioning it.