Chapter 24 - Possessed

As soon as Niki got close to the grove, she knew she was in trouble. Katherine and she were met by everyone -- non-humans and humans alike -- getting ready to go into war together. Niki saw a shadow demon and the famous hunter Skeppy leading them all.

"What is happening?" Katherine wondered out loud. Everyone turned to them. Niki gulped. Uh oh...

"Hello, Niki." Wilbur approached her. Niki did not like how Wilbur seemed to seize her up, or the empty-sounding tone and expression he wore.

Niki took a step back and collided with something. She whirled around and saw Katherine entangled in crimson red vines. She jumped away from everyone and saw a glimpse of Tubbo, his eyes red and calculating.

What happened here?! Niki ran. She heard several footsteps going after her but she didn't dare look back. They're all acting so strange!

A hand grabbed her from behind. Antfrost?! His cold eyes were crimson red instead of his normal icy blue.

Niki struggled to get away, but soon people were onto her. Punz, a famous SMP hunter. Slimesicle, a slime hybrid. StressMonster, a druid and spy in the Hermitcraft hunter group. Daniel, from the Aphmau hunter group. There was one thing they all shared...

Their eyes were all red.

The exact color of the red vines that are everywhere in the grove.

(Line Break)

Techno was on high alert. He and Tommy could still be in danger.

The two of them were finally at the nearest village. They could stay there for about an hour to get some stuff, treat their wounds, and discuss what to do.

"Blade what do we do? Do you know what happened back there?" Tommy asked. The teen had calmed down a bit now, but it also means that he is now more annoying and curious than before.

Techno shook his head. "I don't know Theseus..." He recalled how the crimson vines wrapped around everyone. "We'll talk when we get to the village."

The duo arrived at the village. They entered the nearest inn: Edge Inn.

The non-humans got a room in the inn and were making their way towards their room when Techno's instincts kicked in. He jumped back, pulling Tommy with him. A man wearing a green hoodie and a porcelain mask was standing right in front of them.

"Dream?!"

"Technoblade?!"

The two stared at each other in frozen shock. Then Techno unsheathed his sword. Dream should be back in the grove or dead, how is he out here?!

Then a familiar figure that Techno hadn't seen in years stood in front of Dream, shielding him. "Techno wait! We're not enemies!"

"Ranboo?!" Tommy exclaimed. He ignored the adults (and everyone else) and jumped on the enderman. "Ranboo! I've missed you Big Man!"

Dream and Techno stared at the two teens on the floor. Then they looked at each other.

Well, this is awkward.

(Line Break)

Sam felt confused. His emotions were all jumbled and messed up. His mind is foggy, as if his mind was fighting something and can't bother to rest and think.

His thought process is becoming something like this:

Where's Tommy? Did he get away? No. The Egg will get him soon. He will perish-