Chapter 22 - Close To Victory... Or Maybe Not

Eret knew that the hunters will eventually lose. Even now, the non-humans are pushing back the hunters' forces. What they couldn't make up in numbers they made up with their powers.

The white-eyed man smirked. Good. We'll destroy the hunters all here, soon.

He observed the scene. BBH was a blur of black and red. Shadows gathered around him and entangled his enemies in black mist. The SMP members are having a pretty hard time against the non-humans.

Eret frowned. Where is Sapnap? The non-human did not want the fire elemental to get hurt, since they're friends and allies. He searched the battle below, getting more and more anxious when he couldn't find the ravenette anywhere.

He's probably just somewhere in the battle and I just didn't see him. The brown haired non-human thought. Or maybe he's resting somewhere. This is all going well.

(Line Break)

Niki packed her things. She put a sign on her bakery saying that she is away on a trip and that the bakery is temporarily closed.

I'll come back. She promised herself. I won't die in battle.

The pink haired woman took in a deep breath. She nodded to the non-human beside her. Niki said farewell to her beloved bakery and followed Katherine towards the grove.

Katherine Elizabeth is a spy at the X Life hunter group. She is a cat hybrid (I hope I'm right about this-) who reminded Niki of Antfrost. Okay, maybe all cat hybrids reminds Niki of Antfrost, but Antfrost is really the only cat hybrid Niki is familiar with.

Katherine had traveled to her bakery and told her about the battle at the grove. Niki immediately wanted to help, which is why she is now leaving her bakery.

As the two non-humans traveled, Niki weighted her sword in her hands. Time to see just how good she is at combat.

(Line Break)

This war isn't a two sided battle. Skeppy knew this. There are the non-humans, the hunters, and the Eggpire, who are obviously the supreme ones.

Skeppy fought everyone, non-humans and hunters alike. He only works and cares for the Egg. No one and nothing else matters.

The Egg especially favored Skeppy, because he is the most faithful and understanding to the Egg. He and the Egg has a special connection. During his time with the Egg, the cyan streaks in his hair turned a crimson red as a blessing from the Egg. Skeppy loved these streaks and cherished them.

Now, Skeppy felt his master stir underneath the ground. He smirked sinisterly.

The Eggpire will finally rise once again.

(Line Break)

Puffy dragged herself over to a bush, hiding herself. The hunter clutched her head. What is happening?!

She felt... hateful.

Towards the Egg.

Wait, what? Puffy thought back to what had happened. She clasped a hand over her mouth in horror as she realized something about her friends.

Skeppy and Darryl! W-what happened to them? What did the Egg do to them?! Panicking, Puffy scrambled out of the safety of the bushes. Where are they?!

The huntress froze as she registered the scene. Oh no... this is not good. What is the Egg doing to them?! No no no no! They're not supposed to be killing machines!

The Eggpire members were tossing corpses aside as if they were nothing. Puffy watched, horrified, as Skeppy slitted a hunter's throat and stabbed another from behind. This isn't them! They Skeppy I know wouldn't do this!

Puffy then noticed something else. Something red and tentacle-like was crawling it's way out of the ground.

A crimson vine.

Just like the Egg's.

(Line Break)

CW//Cussing (censored)

Dream weaved through the battle weakly. The green hunter had narrowly escaped Techno by lunging away from the non-human & his horse in the very last second. Falling off a horse can do a lot of damage to your body, hence the reason why Dream is now limping.

The blond-brown haired hunter almost tripped, but he caught him self. He quickly raised his sword and impaled a non-human who was deep in battle near him. Just because he's hurt doesn't mean he'll stop helping in the battle. At least he'll go down fighting.

Dream was harshly kicked in the back and the hunter stumbled. He refused to fall, though, and twisted around to face his attacker. He wasn't that injured. He could still take on people.

Just as he was about to strike, another blade met his own. Green eyes stared into vibrant blue ones.

"Die b*tch!" The blond teen yelled and swiftly attacked Dream. The hunter replied by blocking the attacks.

As the battle dragged on, Dream was significantly getting more and more tired. He was more annoyed than tired, though. He was one of the best hunters out there, yet he is having trouble handling a teen. (A teen and his friends, but that's not too relevant)

The green man slashed at the non-human helping the blond, successfully making a gash across his arm and chest. "Blaine!" The blond cried. The speed of his attacks increased. "How dare you hurt my friend!" (Protectiveinnit)

(Line Break)

¡I recommend reading the side story "The Mysterious Teen" before reading the part down below!!

A mysterious teen was sitting under a tree in the woods. She had just finished lunch and is now working on her story again. They rubbed their fingers, "Ow... I shouldn't have pressed on the quill so hard." He glanced at the black quill sitting on the book, as if mocking him. "Why is writing with a quill so hard?!"

A shadow dropped down from the trees next to the young teen. They looked to the left and saw a black cat standing there.

"Oh hey Night." He offered his hand and Night sniffed it. The ebony colored cat meowed at his human companion.

The young writer laughed, "Drista named you Delaney?" Night bit her accusingly and she grinned. "Yup, I'm to blame. I wrote that in the story."

Night lied at their feet as they opened their hand. A blur of colors and all sorts of things floated just above her palm. Soon, all that settled into the shape of a key.

"I've got the key of the Fourth Wall now." He said, smirking.

They closed their hand and the light settled. She picked up her quill, dipped it in blood-red ink, and continued writing. Red words appeared on the page:

"The Egg's red tentacles slowly crawled out of the ground, engulfing the roots of some trees..."

(Line Break)

Oooo the lore of this fanfic is starting to pick up! We're like, 5-9 more chapters until the end.

The "key of the Fourth Wall" is basically an inside joke with some of the commenters on "The Musterious Teen".

Chilling in a forest while writing a story is totally my aesthetic. Also, Fun Fact: Night is my irl cat. He is a big bully.

Hope you enjoyed!