Axel Tuanzebe

"I hate that I still care"

We dated for 2 years and then he broke up with me due to wanting to focus on his career.
I'd be lying if I said I was completely over him, it'd been 8 months and I was slowly moving on.

I still watched all his games on TV and sometimes we spoke to each other due to having mutual friends.
It was Man Utd vs Everton as I was sitting on my sofa with my cat.
Axel came on for the last few minutes and gave away a free kick which lead to a goal meaning Everton had drawn with Man Utd.

I sigh when I see his sad face, I turn the TV off and make myself a drink before opening social media to see a ton of racist comments and abuse on Axel's latest Instagram Post.

I can feel tears welling up in my eyes as I read some of them.
Without a second thought I ring Axel, he answers within seconds.
"hey" he says quietly, "hey it's me, y/n" I reply.

"oh hey y/N, what's up?" he asks, "I saw what happened... Are you okay?" I ask softly, "not really but I have to be strong and push past it" Axel replies.
"im sorry" I say wishing I could hug him, "it's not your fault but thank you" he says.

"im here if you need anything" I reply, "thanks... Uhh why did you actually ring me? I'd have you thought you'd never want to speak to me again after what happened" axel says with a small chuckle, "because I hate that I still care but I can't help it" I whisper.

Wattpad isn't letting me tag people 😩 this is for @ adil-aouchiche ♥