The Past Only Haunts Me

As I sit here and Isabella is putting on my makeup my mind drifts to the last fight I had with Aaron. Will I ever be able to completely truly move on? Will I learn how to trust when I have built walls so high it would take something real to break them down?
I've told you to listen to me Aaron says to me! I'm so tired of you not listening to me he continues! He takes his arm in the air and gives so much force behind his slap against my face! What did I do to deserve that? I asked him! You need to do as you are told! He says! Treasure are you listening? Then I snap out of my thoughts and realize Isabella is looking at me! Uh yes I'm sorry I was just then I am silent!
You were having a flashback weren't you? She says! Yes I was I tell her! When will I stop having these memories flood my mind! It's not like I want to remember those terrible things! Don't worry tonight we will get your mind off everything she says! I'm so excited about my first poetry reading in Paris! I tell her!
You don't mind if Alex comes along do you? She asks! No it's fine I say! As I think about my move to Paris I realize I really need to learn some French! This will be really good for me! Great I'll just let him know we are almost ready. She says!
I decide that I need to find a job soon. I do not want to risk running into Aaron! I'm gonna call his sister tomorrow and make sure he's no longer in Paris! This is my new start I can't have him following me everywhere and I have to think of myself! All my life I was only trying to make everyone else happy! It's time for me to make myself happy!
Ok we are ready now, Isabella says! Great I am too! Wow Treasure you look so pretty! Isabella says! As Alex comes down the stairs he looks at me with an amazed look! Oh hi Treasure you look very nice! He says! Thank you so do you, I say to him! I'm so ready to enjoy this night! As we all get into Isabella's 2018 Mazda it's a solid black color and it's so clean! I go to get in the back and Alex says no ladies sit in the front! I'll sit in the back! Thank you I say! He even holds the door open for me! This is something I'm not used to. Aaron always made an argument when we rode together! Stop it Treasure I say to myself! I need to stop thinking of the negative things!