25

(Bucky POV)

It was amazing how she had changed. But you still recognized the little girl that she used to be.

That she didn't get my letter was annoying, as it took me 3 days to write the letter. I just couldn't think of the right words. It was hard to say goodbye, she had always been like a sister to me. 

It might sound conceited, but without me, she wouldn't be the person she is now.  I teached her how to fight and how to talk to boys.

"Okay how do we do it?"  did she always have to ask so many questions? 

"You are going home now. If I got it right, you are grounded and shouldn't be here."

"As if you obey the rules?"

I rolled my eyes "I promise you tomorrow I have a plan and I will let you know."  she cocked her head and I had to say "I promise" her cell phone rang.  "Shh do that quietly" Apologetically she grimaced and looked at her cell phone

"Sorry, I have to answer it"

"Hey, Pete what's going on?"  Pete?  Peter Parker? What did he want from her?

"Okay thanks" she hung up.  Somewhat sad, she put down her cell phone.

"What happened?" 

"Nothing! I have to be home in 30 minutes because otherwise, Nat would know that I was gone."

"But that wasn't all, was it?"  I could tell from her that there was still something on her mind.

"Yeah ... So" she looked nervously on the floor "Can I explain it to you while we go back?"  I nodded and we went. 

"So, what's up?" 

"Peter and I are a couple..." they are what?! 

"Aren't you too young for that?" 

"Be calm now or I won't tell you!"  I gave in. 

"And today ... when he was with me..." oh no, I know what's coming. 

"No details, please!" 

"No, we didn't... Well, we wanted to..."

"Somebody got in the way?" 

"How do you know...?" 

"Do you think something like that hasn't happened to me yet? That's normal"

"Is it normal that the mood is weird afterward and he goes away?" 

"Hmm" what an ass just run away!  Cowardly! 

"Was it too early?" 

"Do you think you are ready for this?" 

"Yes ... No" she bowed her head "I feel so ... So inexperienced" I saw a small tear.

I took her in my arms "Don't cry!"  I've never been good at comforting.  She pressed her head to my chest.  "I think Peter just wasn't ready either. But didn't want to give it up. You two should just wait for the perfect moment!"

"But when is the perfect moment?"

"You'll feel it"

She broke away from the hug. And wiped the tears from his face

"Okay!"  her voice was firm again. We walked side by side in silence.

A few minutes later she interrupted the silence.

"Nah, how are you doing with women?"  she looked at me (😏😂)

"My last date was 1943..."

"That's hard" she laughed

"When was your last date?" 

"If yesterday counts then yesterday" she looked at me challenged

"Well, if you and Peter can be called a couple" I laughed

"Ouch" she laughed too.  How I missed it!