Deathstroke (2x18) part 1

The memory set opened inside of the town car with Slade and Thea. "Your mascara is running." Slade noted. He handed her a handkerchief.

"Thank you." Thea said, wiping at her eyes.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I don't know." She admitted. "It's my boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend now. He just completely out of nowhere decides to end things."

"Yes, lets' talk about our relationship issues with the creepy eye-patch guy." Thea shook her head in annoyance. "What the hell was I thinking?"

"Heartbreak is something I know all too well." Slade said. "It's not an easy thing to recover from. Sometimes you never do."

The car pulled to a stop. Thea looked out the window, confused.
"Um, we're not at- this isn't my home." She said, suddenly nervous.

"Note to self. Don't get into cars with serial killers." Winn noted while only half joking.

"You're not going home, Thea." Slade said coldly. He turned away from her, looking straight forward. "Get out."

Thea was frozen, not understanding-
Slade turned to look at her. "Get out!" he roared. Terrified, Thea jumped out of the car and ran down the alley they had pulled to a stop next to. She looked behind her to see if Slade was chasing after her, and didn't see the man in front of her until she ran right into his arms.

"Oh my god." Thea groaned while her mother gasped her hand flying over mouth in fear and shock.

While no one paid attention Malcolm's hands did grip to arms of his chair tight enough to make his knuckles turn white.

"Hello, Thea." Brother Blood said as she looked at his mask, horrified. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I'm screwed." Thea deadpanned.

FIVE YEARS AGO

Hendrik screamed in rage as Anatoly finished trying him up. "I'm going to kill all of you!" he roared, and Anatoly took the last bit of rope and forced it into the other man's mouth as a gag.

"This is not personal." Anatoly said, then paused, considering. "Well, maybe a little." He admitted gleefully.

"They clear didn't get along in lock up." Dig raised an eyebrow.

"It's not." Sara said, rising from her seat on a crate. "This is about survival."

Peter scoffed. "Survival. What a noble word for murder."

"There is a difference." Merlyn grumbled. He might have tried to destroy half a city but he still understood right from wrong.

He just ignored it.

"Slade gave us no option. Hendrik for Oliver." Anatoly reminded him as he dumped Hendrik to the floor.

"And what gives any of us the right to decide one's life is more valuable than another?" Peter asked.

Anatoly gestured at Hendrik. "He is tied up. We are not."

"I'll take it." Felicity admitted.

"Once he gets the boat working, Slade will have no more need for him." He said, pitching his wares to Sara now. "So let's not kid ourselves. Doing this is effectively sentencing Hendrik to death."

"He would do the same thing to any of us! In heartbeat!" Anatoly said. "This is only option."

"What if it's also an opportunity?" Sara said suddenly.