Chapter 2: "Anastasia Heights"

Continued...

   "Jacob! Stop!" I yell.

    Jacob and Covey finally get off each other. "Don't you ever come neer my fucking sister again Jacob Foster! You hear me!?" My brother yells, pushing at Jacob's chest. He goes tumbling back but catches himself.

    Jacob spits blood at the ground before looking back up, making eye contact with me. "You won't get rid of me that easily, Sunshine. Just you wait." And with that, he turns around and walks off.

   Covey wipes some blood off his nose. I run up to him. "Covey, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" This is all my fault...

    My brother let's out of laugh, pinching his nose. "It's not your fault, Rae." I hug Covey. I can5t wait to get out of this town.

    I reach my hand up and lightly touch the side of his eye. Covey has the same silver eyes as me. The same hair color too.

   Covey winces."Ow." "I'm so sorry!" I apologize, backing away. Covey and Faith laugh at me, making me roll my eyes playfully.

The Next Day...
Sunshine

   I've been sulking in my room the whole day. Covey is getting ready to go back to University. Oh...I forgot about University. Crap. I need to finish packing.

   "Sunshine!!! Get down here!!!!" I hear my mom yell. Ughhhhh, can't I just die in peace? I get up of my bed. "Sunshine!!!!"

   I walk down the stairs as quickly as I can so she doesn't yell again. I see my mom standing at the bottom of the stairs, holding my passport with Faith right next to her.

   "You need to get your butt packing!" I sigh. I knew this.

   "Me and my bestie are going to Chicago!!!!" Faith yells randomly. Excited. I laugh, hugging Faith tightly.

      "When exactly are we leaving tomorrow morning?" I ask.

     "Well, we have a flight booked at MIA, at 7:00p.m. So we'll have to leave around 6:00p.m.." God help me.

     Faith and my mom begin to jump up and down, hodking each others arms together. Faith is very excited. I am too...but I'm also utterly terrified.

     I hear the radio playing in the background. Hey...it's that guy my mom and Covey are always listening to.

    "I'm booking myself a one way flight, I gotta see the color in your eyes. And telling myself I'm gonna be alright, without you baby it's a waste of time." Dang, hesd good. His voice is captivating...

    Faith and my mom start swaying to the music. "Come on Rae, sing!" I chuckle.

      "Who cares if you're all I think about, I've searched the world and I know now, it ain't right if you ain't lost your mind. Yeah, I dont want easy, I want crazy. Are you with me baby? Let's be crazy." I sing, dancing around with Faith and my mom.

   They both applaud me, just making me look down at the ground smiling, embarrassed.

   I usually don't like singing outloud infront of people. But whoever this guy is my mom and brother listen to, his music reminds me of my dads.

  "Hey, maybe we'll run into him while we're in Chicago." Faith says, excited. My moms facial expression changes a little, almost worried-looking.

     "He lives in Chicago?" I ask, curious.

     Faith nods her head. "Yep! Born and raised. I've heard he's a really nice guy too." You don't find many of those now days...

   Suddenly, my mom speaks up. "Ok, let's get you all packed up. You leave tomorrow." I nod my head, and my mom follows me and Faith up the stairs to my room. Well this should be Fun. Not. My room is a complete mess, and I can't find anything. I haven't been the most productive the past few days...