Chapter 22 No one can see him

Chen Chengduo supported Shu Xiaohui, who spread himself into a pancake, frowned tightly. Is he terrified?!

The bat looks ugly, with sharp teeth, fierce cries, and a full circle larger than his pet. For Shu Xiaohui, it is definitely a fierce beast. Chen Chengduo thought that Mouse Xiaohui was certainly terrified, so that he was paralyzed like this …

Chen Chengduo took a deep breath and twirled his fingers around Shu Xiaohui’s back twice, whispering, “Sorry, I will never let any other pets come close to you, don’t be afraid. After saving Professor Wei, I will make popcorn for you. “

Shu Xiaohui suddenly lifted his small head, and his round ears also stood up. He instantly changed from a hamster pancake to a regular hamster ball. He took out two corns from his space. “Squeak?”  

Can this ordinary corn be made into popcorn?

As for the first half of Chen Chengduo’s words, the hamster was only focused on popcorn without paying attention.

Chen Chengduo saw that Shu Xiaohui was energetic, his tight face eased slightly, and his fingers rubbed Shu Xiaohui’s waist, “Of course.”

As long as the corn is properly sealed, the popcorn popped out of ordinary corn will be bigger and the taste of corn will be stronger.

Shu Xiaohui happily turned a circle in the palm of Chen Chengduo, and suddenly petrified, staring at the black bat flying in the air.

Yikes! This bat is here again!

Shu Xiaohui quickly dived into Chen Chengduo’s clothes and crawled along Chen Chengduo’s arm to his chest. From the collar of Chen Chengduo, a vigilant little head popped out and secretly observed. 

Chen Chengduo narrowed his eyes. This time he didn’t show any mercy, and he tied the bats with metal wires directly. Then the ugly bat who was sprinting towards them fell to the ground.  

Shu Xiaohui grabbed Chen Chengduo’s collar, “Squeak?”

Is he dead?!

“No, he fainted.” Chen Chengduo said, and then he looked up at the corner not far away, “Come out!”  

Zhan Wei came out, touched his nose, grinned, “Thank you Captain Chen for not killing me.”

“What do you want?” Chen Chengduo asked.

Zhan Wei slowly picked up his warpet, and said, “Um… Captain Chen, the container is heavily guarded, at least dozens of strangers are there to guard Professor Wei. Can you handle this alone? “

“Just spit it out.” Chen Chengduo played a sharp butterfly knife in his hand, and the knife rotated so fast that only a white shadow can be seen. 

Zhan Wei swallowed saliva and quickly put the bat into his bag, said, “Now where the container is the territory of the Bai family. The Bai family has taken over all the strangers except the military. People who were guarding Professor Wei have night vision and eagle-eye abilities. So, I suggest you change your clothes before sneak in. Your combat uniform is too eye-catching.”

Chen Chengduo used his hand without knife to touch the head of the hamster who was stepping on his collarbone, “Do you think changing clothes works for me?”

Zhan Wei touched his nose. “Nope… there is nobody in the New city who doesn’t know your face.”

Chen Chengduo turned around and continued towards the direction of the cliff where the container is.

Zhan Wei shouted behind him, “You’d better go west, although the terrain on the west is not good, but there are fewer people.”

Zhan Wei watched Chen Chengduo disappeared quickly into the night, sighed, and released the black bat, “Why am I not good at fight, or I will go with him.”

The container behind cliff is actually a group of buildings. It was originally the containers that the military got from the warehouse of the Haicheng Port. After a little treatment, all containers were stacked up and became the original residence of the New city. It had sheltered a large number of survivors at first.

But after the protective walls of the New city were built, these containers were quickly abandoned. The range delineated by the New city was relatively wide and there were many high-rise buildings originally. After the repair by the strangers, it is naturally more comfortable to live than the container. Especially now it is summer. When the electricity is lacking, the heat of the container is not acceptable to ordinary people.

Like Zhan Wei, some people would rather live in a dilapidated hut than a container.

The west side where Zhan Wei said that the defense is weak is actually the location where Professor Wei initiated the explosion of antiquities. There is a deep pit. It is not  difficult for Chen Chengduo to walk over, but it takes time. 

Shu Xiaohui found that Chen Chengduo didn’t go west. He turned his head in surprise and pawed on Chen Chengduo’s neck. “Squeak?” Are you going in the wrong direction?

Chen Chengduo shook his head and immediately reached out to support Shu Xiaohui, who was almost thrown out, “Time is running out, we go east.”

“Squeak.” Well.

Shu Xiaohui drilled out of Chen Chengduo’s collar, and stood on Chen Chengduo ’s shoulders, having a martial-art squat. And he made a Taijiquan starting style* once again, then the small paws were pressed on Chen Chengduo ’s neck.

*The motion of Shu Xiaohui like the gif below.

Chen Chengduo turned his head slightly and when he glanced at Shu Xiaohui’s movement, he laughed, “What are you doing?”

“Squeak.” Sh! Be quiet. 

Shu Xiaohui concentrated his attention on blessing, “No one can see Chen Chengduo, no one can see!” 

Shu Xiaohui thought it was a very simple blessing. But when he finished this, his whole body became paralyzed.

Chen Chengduo frowned tightly and reached out to catch Shu Xiaohui who had fallen down.