𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑻𝑯 (2).

****

A WEEK LATER.

Waking up this past week alone has been the most painful thing I've had to deal with. Knowing that Geo is in a coma and there's a great chance he won't make wake up scares me. I haven't gotten any updates from Mindy or Mr. Gi simply because they haven't gotten any either.

I just wish that there was something that I could do to wake him up. I don't know what I'll do if I lose another person who means the world to me. I've been trying to keep a positive opinion throughout all this, but it's hard when you just don't know.

It's crazy to know how fast your life can change in a matter of seconds. A week, I woke up the happiest person and I felt so alive. I was then told by my best friend that we were going to be going to Canada as a double date. Now, I don't even know if we'll even make it to Canada.

I walked downstairs, seeing Nolan asleep while typing on his computer. I laughed, waking him up. "Didn't get any sleep last night?" I asked, watching his eyes flutter open. He rose up, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I've been up since four in the morning trying to figure out what to write. I can't even think straight enough to write." Nolan said, letting out a frustrated sigh. "You can't think straight because you aren't." I joked, making Nolan roll his head. 

"Very funny." 

"Seriously though, just let it come naturally. Forcing a story makes a terrible story." I said, grabbing an apple. "I'm trying." Nolan said shaking his head. I walked over to Nolan before kissing his forehead.  "I have to go, but good luck with that." I laughed. "Thanks." Nolan replied and I grabbed my keys before walking out the door. 

***

Whenever I arrived at work, I walked inside, and it was very busy. I walked straight into the kitchen, and I began helping out Max. Max looked a bit stressed, so I pushed out of the way. "Take a five-minute break. I got you." I said to Max, and he smiled.

Max: "You're a fucking life saver!"

Me: "I know, I know. It's my specialty."

"Seriously, how've you been Hendia?" Max asked, placing his hand on my back. "I've been alone and empty. The only boy I've ever loved so much is currently in a coma and it's only a matter of time before everyone gives up hope." I said, letting out a stressful sigh. 

"I don't know what it feels like to be on the verge of losing someone, but I do know that it's always best if you keep a positive attitude." Max said and I nodded my head. 

"Enough about my sad life, any update on the hot nurse?" I asked, making Max smile. "I met her kid." Max replied, his smile slowly fading away. "Why the frown?" I asked. 

"I don't think I can do it. Being the stepdad means I'll technically be a dad and I don't know how I feel about the idea of that." Max said. I dried off my hands before turning around to look at Max. 

"What are you going to do then? I mean, if you genuinely can't do it then tell her and call it off. It's not right to lead her on Max." I said, making Max roll his eyes. "I want her, and I love her kid, but I just can't pretend to be his father." Max said, making me laugh. 

"She's not asking you to be his father, she's asking you to be his friend. An adult friend will do stuff for him and with him like play football in the backyard or soccer! You don't have to be his father unless you want to be." I said. 

"You're right." Max agreed. "Aren't I always?" I joked. 

"Okay, but we should seriously get back to the front." Max said before he laughed. I peeped into the front, and it was getting a bit busy. Max stood up and we both walked over to the register. "Welcome to the Maxwe-" I was cut off by seeing Derek Lipthion standing in line.