𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑩𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲.

****

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER.

My sister and I are back to not speaking to each other. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with her after hearing what she thought about me and my parents. I was hurt knowing she thought so lowly of the two people who took care of her since we were kids.

She's hung out with Derek so much lately that she's started to believe that our mom was a bad person. Deep down Adeana knows that our parents are good people, but she let her dad fill her head up with so much bullshit! Part of me believes she's scared of him looking at her as a disappointment.

Derek said that I couldn't keep a job as if he wasn't the one who fired me because I defended myself. Also, he assumed that I cheated on Geo with Max, but Max and I just started to get along with each other.

I honestly don't even know why I question myself when it comes to Derek. Anything he says about me will always be rude, nasty, or disrespectful because of the of hate he has for both of my parents.

***

It's currently two in the afternoon and I'm Geo at his house. I've been here since I stopped speaking to my sister and I have tried to go home, but Geo believes that I will fight my sister if I go home so it's better if I stay here.

"Henida that's not a good idea." Geo said to me as I stood over his staircase railing. "I'm sure it won't even hurt. The sofa will break my fall." I replied.

Geo: "Hendia's get your ass down here. If you bust your head open on the glass fucking table, I won't feel bad for you."

Me: "Geo I'm a big girl, I can handle myself."

I looked down at the sofa, realizing that it was going to be a long fall. "HERE I COME!" I yelled, tossing myself over the railing letting out a loud scream.

Whenever I hit the sofa, my heart was pounding so fast, and I lied there laughing at myself. Geo then walked over to me and stood in front of me. "You are nothing, but a big ass kid." Geo said to me, shaking his head.

"What are we doing today?" I asked Geo, standing up from the couch. "I was thinking maybe we could go get some food and have a little movie night since we're going to be here alone." Geo replied, making me smile.

"Sounds fun."

I gave Geo a smile, leaning in for a kiss, but the doorbell stopped us. He turned to look at the front door before he ran over to it. I watched Geo's mouth move as he spoke to whoever was at the door. He then looked back at me before opening the door widely.

I stood there confusedly before I saw Adeana and Elijah walk inside. "No! Get out!" I yelled, pointing at the door. "Hendia just hear her out." Elijah said, making me laugh.

"Hear her out? I think I'll pass." I rolled my eyes at them both.

"I didn't come here to cause problem. I came here to apologize to you." I shook my head in disbelief. There was no way she thought an apology could solve anything.