𝑫𝑨𝑫𝑫𝒀 𝑰𝑺𝑺𝑼𝑬𝑺.

***

(ONE WEEK LATER)

It was eleven in the morning and of course I had work today so I crawled out of my bed. I went into the bathroom and did what I do every morning before I put on my work uniform and headed downstairs.

When I walked downstairs, I saw Adeana crying and Elijah was comforting her. I was so confused about what was going on. I walked over to them, and I stood there confusedly.

Me: "What happened?"

Elijah: "She just found out some confusing news."

Me: "Okay? Well tell me what news?"

They stared at each other silently, leaving me still confused. I rolled my eyes, walking around the counter to grab myself a water. My eyes fell on the counter, seeing what looked like a pregnancy test. I stopped in my tracks, looking back at them, picking the test up off of the counter.

Me: "I can't read one of these things, but are you?"

Adeana: "I don't know yet."

Me: "Are you crying because you don't want a child or because you're happy?"

Adeana: "Most definitely happy."

Me: "Well, YAY!!"

Elijah: "Don't get so happy, we don't know for sure yet."

Me: "Okay, but how can you expect me not to be happy when this is possibly true? I'm going to be an aunt!"

Adeana: "We're going to the doctor today to find out."

Me: "Keep me updated!"

Elijah: "For sure."

Me: "Got to go but love you both."

I grabbed my water bottle and keys then headed out of the door.

***

When I made it to work, I clocked in then I walked over to the register, seeing Nolan for some reason.

Me: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Nolan: "I was bored so I came."

Me: "I see."

Nolan: "How've you been? I know we haven't hung out in a while."

Me: "I've been okay, I guess."

Nolan: "He still hasn't spoken to you?"

Me: "Nope."

Nolan: "I get that he's pissed because you asked him that sensitive question, but you apologized."

Me: "I don't really know Nolan."

Nolan: "So what? Y'all just aren't going to be friends anymore?"

Me: "I don't have anything against him, but I'm not going to force a grown ass man to talk to me."

Nolan: "That's what I'm talking about bitch!"

Me: "Hopefully he comes around though because I didn't mean any harm by the question, but I guess he didn't see it that way."

Nolan: "You miss him, don't you?"

Me: "What? Pfft no."

Nolan: "Yes you do."

Me: "I don't, but what's the tea with you and Ryder?"

Nolan: "There's no tea with us. But him and his girlfriend broke up after she seen the video of us dancing."