𝑨𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑰𝑬𝑺.

(2 WEEKS LAER)

...WEDNESDAY...

It's twelve o'clock in the afternoon and I had work today, but I'm actually not complaining today. It is the day I finally make my dessert with my own recipe and watch it get taste tested to see if it's good enough to go on the menu or not.

I got up and did my everyday morning routine before heading downstairs, seeing I saw Nolan for some reason when I made it down.

Me: "Nolan?"

Nolan: "Hi!"

Me: "What are you doing here?"

Nolan: "Oh nothing, just waiting for you."

Me: "Really? Why?"

Nolan: "Really? You forgot?"

Me: "What?"

Nolan: "It's the 14th!"

Every month on the 14th, Nolan comes with me to work and he hangs around, some times he helps cook, but most of the time he's only eating.

Me: "Oh yeah. I did forget."

Nolan: "You cannot keep forgetting!"

Me: "Yeah, yeah! The only reason why I forgot is because today is the day that my dessert is being tasted."

Nolan: "Ou, well if you make it the way you made it for me? It's most definitely on the menu because it smacked!"

Me: "Thanks love."

Nolan: "Yeah, what time do you have to be at work?"

Me: "Next 20 mins."

Nolan: "Well let's go!"

Me: "Oh you're happy today!"

Nolan: "DUH!"

Me: "Well let's go then!"

Nolan: "Bet!"

Nolan got up then he threw me my keys and we left.

***

It's currently three o'clock and I've been waiting for whoever is coming to taste test my dessert, but they still haven't shown up for some reason. I just chilled in the back with Nolan along with the same two coworkers, Leah and Kelsey.

Leah: "So, Hendia are you excited?"

Me: "Yeah I'm kind of nervous too!"

Kelsey: "Girl don't be! You are an amazing cook."

Leah: "You aren't lying about that one!"

Kelsey: "So, what is the desert?"

Me: "Uh, it's a red velvet, caramel cake.."

Kelsey: "That sounds good!"

Nolan: "Trust me it is, mainly with some warm milk.."

Leah: "Well if it's good with the warm milk, you better make sure you give it with warm milk sis!"

Me: "I will.."

Nolan: "It's getting hot back here or is it just me?"

Kelsey: "It is! The air is broken back here sadly so we're gonna be burning up for the day.."

Me: "Oh god no.."

Leah: "Yeah, but let's go sit at one of the tables or something since nobody is here.."