~23~

"Dude are you sure you're going to be fine?" Kris asks Chanyeol who is dead drunk and can't even walk straight. "I'm fine," he says but doesn't sound like it.

They bumped into each other in a club in Seoul and Kris witnessed Chanyeol drowning himself with alcohol. "Give me your keys." the taller man insists.

Chanyeol hands his car keys to Kris because he knows that he won't be able to drive anyways. "Drunk on Christmas Eve, how miserable are you dude?" the elder male mumbles under his breath.

"Very," a word the man manages to let out. Kris shakes his head fastening the seatbelt around him. Beside him, Chanyeol looks lifeless but at the same time looks vulnerable.

"Are you okay? Do you need any help? If I can I will help you." the Chinese man offers. The other let out a breathy bitter chuckle "No one can help."

"Tell me."

"I'm in love with Jongin! Can you help?"

Kris isn't that surprised to hear it, he knew this would come since they were in high school. "I can't help about it because the boy is betrothed to Sehun, your best friend."

"I know, I feel so guilty every time I find myself staring at Jongin with all these feelings when he is engaged to my best friend of 10 years, I feel like I'm betraying Sehun." he leans back on the seat.

"Feelings are not something you can control. There is a forest fire in your heart right?" Kris asks despite knowing the answer. Chanyeol nods.

"I can't anymore," he shouts taking his phone from the jean pocket. Kris doesn't understand why Chanyeol shouted suddenly. He turns to look at Chanyeol typing furiously on his phone.

"Dude, what are you doing?" he exclaims trying to reach the phone. "Let me be selfish this once. I'm a human with feelings too. Let me make myself happy for once."

"I've always been there for Jongin, from the moment he started high school. Sehun hated him! I never did. I adore Jongin. I did everything for Jongin, Sehun never did. Ever since we were kids I'm the one who loses in the end. I don't want to lose this time. I love Jongin, so much." Chanyeol lets out his feelings which he kept for more than 2 years.

Kris sighs "Go ahead let your feelings out but for your sake don't get your hopes very high.". Chanyeol nods and keeps typing on his keyboard.

-//-

Sun rays invade a room where two boys are sleeping soundly, Sehun's eyes squint at the bright sun. He stretched his body relaxing his muscles. He glances at the space beside him, Jongin is still sleeping.

Flashback to last night

After dinner with Jongin's parents, both of them changed into pajamas. Getting ready for bed. Sehun glanced at the younger boy who looks like he is hesitating something.

His signature smirk plastered on his face, "Is there something you want to say?" Sehun asked. "Umm, you...can sleep on the bed with me." Jongin babbles blinking innocently at his fiancee.

Well, that was unexpected. "Okay, thanks," Sehun replied and laid down on the bed with bubbly Jongin in teddy bear pajamas.

The elder's lips stretch into a fond smile at the sight, "Cute" he mumbles appreciating Jongin's dazzling beauty. The boy got so much prettier within the time they were away from each other.

He reaches his hand out to grab his phone from the nightstand, wrongly he grabbed Jongin's phone instead which is vibrating with messages.

"What the fuck?" Sehun gasps at the amount of missed calls and messages in just one night. He didn't want to invade Jongin's privacy but he saw the name who is sending it so he proceeds to read it.

After reading the messages Sehun is so angry that his ear tips are red and his hands clenched into a tight fist ready to throw punches. He never thought his best friend would betray him this way.

Jongin is his fiancee for fuck's sake!

-//-

Jongin walks to the kitchen to have breakfast, he sees Sehun's broad shoulder from behind. Looks like Sehun is already having breakfast with his parents.

"Good morning!" he greets with a big smile on his face. His parents and Sehun turns to look at him. "Good morning Jonginnie? Had a good sleep?" Mrs.Kim asks her son.

"Yes, mom!"

"Come have breakfast, son. Everything is your favorite." Mr.Kim announces. Jongin looks at the dishes on the table, everything looks delicious.

"I will eat it nicely!" he pecks both of his parent's cheeks and proceeds to take a seat beside Sehun. "Why didn't you wake me up?" he questions.

"Thought you wanted to sleep some more," Sehun replies shoving another spoon of soup in his mouth. Jongin notices how tense the elder is.

Uh oh, Sehun is angry, but...he did nothing?!

"Oh"

Sehun excuses himself after he was done with his food and goes back to the room. His brain is betraying him all morning thinking how Jongin would be if he was engaged to Chanyeol instead.

He snaps out of his disturbing thoughts when the younger boy steps in. "Did I do something?" he asks softly standing in front of Sehun looking like a kicked puppy.

Sehun pins him with a strong gaze burning with anger, "What is the relationship between you and Park Chanyeol?" he demands. It does not sound like a question at all.

"Nothing, we're just friends" Jongin whimpers, his knees go weak every time Sehun is mad. That's how much power Sehun has over him.

"He's in love with you Jongin!" Sehun roars yanking Jongin down on the bed with force. Tears prickles in Jongin's eyes because of how the elder is manhandling him. "Stop, please" he pleads, trying to remove Sehun's harsh grip on his forearm.

"Don't fucking talk" he shoves Jongin's phone in his face, messages from Chanyeol around midnight. Confessing his love for Jongin.

"I-I didn't know at all." the younger whispers. Sehun glares at him "You're in love with him too aren't you?"

The question knocks the air out of Jongin. Is he in love with Chanyeol?

"I don't know. I've never felt those kinds of feelings." Jongin denies but instantly grabbing Sehun's hand when the elder stands up to leave.

"Don't go, please. Don't leave me"

"Get your feelings together. If you want to be with Chanyeol then I will break off the engagement when you go back to Seoul" Sehun looks hurt even though he is the one speaking of it.

He gently removes Jongin's pull on his hand standing up to leave again. Just before he opens the doorknob a warm body pressed against his back.

Smaller hands wrap around his waist. "No, I love being with you only. Don't let me go. Keep me with you." Jongin cries wetting Sehun's shirt with his tears.

Sehun sighs spinning around hugging Jongin's small body close to his chest. "Really?" he wants to make sure if Jongin meant the words he said.

The shorter boy looks up at him and nods, wiping the tears with the back of his hands. "I know you have anger issues when it comes to me but that's only you care about me and our future. You make me feel safe, Sehun."

To his surprise, Sehun who never cries is also shedding tears silently. "I don't want to lose you, Jongin" he admits. Standing on his tippy toes the younger wipes the tears.

"You won't. Never"

~~~~~~

Hi! Did you guys miss the story? I'm sorry for the delay. With the things going on in my country it's hard to update. I'm trying to update more.

For Team Chanyeol, don't worry I'll give you your Chankai. Just like I said this story will go up to about 50 chapters so, it's a long ride but I'll make it worth it for my lovely readers!.

Stay safe, Take care and I love you so much! Votes and Comments are very appreciated!