Gryphons and Gargoyles Part 3

May 29th

We run to the next challenge.

Jason - Your up Jughead. The battle of kings. Only once shall lead the kingdom of Eldervair...

We walk to see Chic waiting and start trying to attack Jughead.

Jughead - Why are you doing this? Why be the Gargoyle King?

Chic - Who doesn't wanna be king? Who doesn't want blood sacrifices made in their name?

Jughead - Wow. Okay.

Chic continues attacking Jughead. Then Jughead grabs a bone and hits Chic. Veronica feels sick.

Archie - Jug... It's Penelope's poison

Jughead - We gotta keep moving. Come on.

We walk to the next challenge.

Archie - Wait. I still don't get it. Chic had red hair because Penelope is pretending that he's Jason Blossom?

Jason - Me?

Laura - Dad said she had a faze, a moment, where it seemed like you were gone, dead. All because you moved in with me.

Veronica - Can we explore the craziness that is Oedipus Riverdale after we get the antidote? And out of these damn woods.

Jughead - Maybe figuring out how all this is connected is exactly what we should be doing. Hal, Penelope, Chic. They created this unholy trinity, with direct links to everything bad that has happened in the last year. It's like the Blackhood begat the Gargoyle King.

Veronica - But the Gargoyle King existed before the Blackhod did.

Jughead - Well then it's a case of the serpent eating its own tail. It's a vicious cycle of never-ending madness that turns back on itself over and over again, until someone breaks the chain...

Laura - Looks like it's my turn.

Jason - Hey. I love you

Laura - I love you too

I kiss him and he kisses back.

There is a box I open. It says one bullet and the Blackhood walks out.

Hal - You know how this has to end. You have to kill me, Laura. You figured me out. You have to kill me to get the antidote, so shoot me or I shoot you.

Without hesitation I shoot him.

Penelope - Good God, Hal, You can't be trusted to do anything. You were a terrible serial killer then and you still are today. Useless.

She shoots him making sure he is dead. Everyone looks in shock. She was going to kill him anyway. Archie runs and grabs the antidote.

Penelope - And what do you think you're doing?

Jughead - Claiming our prize. We won, didn't we?

Jason - We survived the night. We proved we're better than this town.

Penelope - That may or may not be true. Kill them. Kill them all.

Jughead - Archie?!

The gargoyle minions run after us. The sun starts rising.

Toni - Take cover!

We run and hide. The serpents and the poisons are attacking the minions. Vee and I take the antidote.

Toni - Poisons charge... All clear.

We all hug and sigh in relief.

Laura - Toni, Toni. How did you know about Penelope.

Toni - Nana Rose told me. I've been staying with her ever since Cheryl was killed.

Days go by and Penelope got away, Hal is dead, Chic is in jail. Everything was back to before Gryphons and Gargoyles.