Isaac

March 15th

I get up for some air. I sit outside and just breathe.

Boy - Hey, What are you doing out here?

Laura - Just breathing. The air feels fresher here. More cleaner. You know?

Boy - Makes sense. You're the new girl at Riverdale High, Right?

Laura - That's me.

Boy - I'm Jason. Jason Blossom. Your father works for my father.

Laura - Yes he does.

Jason - So... I hear you told Cheryl about the blossom family tree.

Laura - Your father and Polly's father told my father, who told me to tell one from each side the truth.

Jason - Would've been nice to know 2 months ago, before Polly and I....

Laura - I get it. You guys didn't know.

Jason - I always knew Mr. Cooper hated me, but not for the reason I thought.

Laura - Yeah. Anyway I have to go. My mother might be worried.

Jason - Wait. I'll give you my number. Call me, or don't. You do what you want.

He gives me a piece of paper with his number and walks back inside. Isaac and Betty walk outside. I wave bye to Betty and she waves back. I have Jug's number. I'm debating. I'll give it a week.

Isaac and I walk home. We get home and see Mr. and Mrs. Blossom in the house.

Laura - Hello Mr. and Mrs. Blossom. Nice to meet you. I'm Laura.

Mrs. Blossom - Ah yes, the one who bares bad news

Laura - That's me, the mean one. You know, it's not like you asked a teenager to do your dirty work without pay. I'm just the new girl, who now, many people probably want to hate.

I storm to my room. I hear someone following behind me. I slam my door shut.

Isaac - Laura, talk to me.

I open my door

Laura - Ok. I'll talk. Why is Betty cheating on Jughead with you?

Isaac - I....

Laura - Exactly... I'm calling Jughead.

Isaac - Don't. It was my idea. I started it, she was vulnerable. I took advantage.

Laura - You just did what these boys have been doing for months.

I hold the book up.

Isaac - I know but she tutored me last year so I could graduate with my friends. She had a bad year and I took advantage of that.

Laura - I idolize you, for the longest time. And now I see your true colours. I HATE YOU.

I slam my door and just lay in bed. I then call Jason.

Jason - Hello?

Laura - Jason, it's me, Laura. Are you free?

Jason - Yeah, I'm at Pop's. Cheryl just left with the vixens.

Laura - I'm on my way.