Gryphons and Gargoyles Part 2

May 29th

Penelope - The task before you is simple. Make it through the woods. Survive the night. You will be tested, each of you. Refuse my tests, or try to escape, and my Gargoyle minion will kill you... May the final quest begin.

We stand there confused.

Penelope - I'd start running if I were you

We all start running

Jughead - The good news is, if Penelope wanted us dead, we would be. She wants us alive

Laura - Yeah, well, at least long enough to complete her bizarre social experiment

Jason - Yeah, or die trying

Veronica - We don't even know where to go

Jughead - Actually, Enchantress, we might. Come on, let's go.

We follow the arrows and see

Jason - It's a Red Paladin card. Archie this quest is for you.

Archie - The Red Paladin must conquer the Grizzled Beast. He must barrel alone in the pit to save his home.

Veronica - What is a grizzled beast?

We hear growling

Archie - Oh crap... Not again.

We walk to the pit and see a big bulky man in a skull mask coat thing.

Veronica - Archie, don't do this. That guy is 8-feet-tall and jacked

Archie - It's just a fight. I've been fighting all year. Don't forget. I survived a real bear attack, remember... If I don't make it tell my mum and dad I love them, and you guys.

Archie starts fighting the guy, we all stand there in horror.

Archie wins and we all sigh in relief. Veronica hugs him.

Veronica - Archie, are you sure you're ok?

Archie - Apart from every inch of my body...

Laura - What do we do now?

Jughead - We gotta keep moving. Penelope has already left us more clues... Come on.

We all follow Jughead. We get to a table with 6 chalices.

Jason - A Fate and Fortune Challenge. Before you are 6 chalices, each filled with Gargoyle Blood. The Enchantress must choose her closest companion. They will each take turns spinning the bottle and drinking from the chosen chalice. But beware, for one of the chalices contains a lethal, rapid-acting venom.

Veronica - Seriously? Spin the bottle?

Archie - More like Russian Roulette.

Veronica - That's suicide. I refuse.

Jason - Refusal to participate in the challenge results in immediate execution of all remaining party members. Remember, we're watching.

Laura - Vee, the scroll says you have to choose your closest companion... I volunteer.

Veronica - Laura, no.

Laura - It's ok. I have faith... What's the alternative? We get shot in the woods by snipers?

Vee spins the bottle first, she drinks the first cup.

Laura - How do you feel?

Veronica - I think I'm fine.

I spin the bottle and drink from the cup.

Laura - I'm ok Vee.

We continue going until we get to the final 2

Veronica - 50/50 odds

She spins the bottle and drinks the cup. I get ready to pick up the final cup and Veronica grabs it.

Veronica - No

Laura - Veronica!... Why did you do that?

Veronica - Because I love you, Lauz. You're my best friend and...

Laura - I love you too, Vee.

Penelope comes out of nowhere

Penelope - Remarkable, Enchantress. You have completed your challenge and proven your loyalty

Veronica and Laura - What?

Jughead - Of course. It was a character challenge. The game was testing if you had honor and loyalty. None of the chalices we poisoned

Penelope - On the contrary, all of the chalices were poisoned. It's slow acting, but the only way to obtain the antidote is to finish the game and even then, you might not make it... Tick-Tock.