Kabanata 45

Huminga ako nang malalim at umiling. "That woman is too much, Cain, and I've told you before, I will not create anything that involves her or any of her family."

Ang aga-aga ay heto na naman ang sakit ng ulo ko. I would rather spend this moment more with Elaine. After everything that happened last night, I should stay by her side; but instead I am having this conversation with my twin.

Tumawa si Cain. "Hindi mo pa kasi sinasabi sa'kin kung ano ba talagang ginawa niya."

"God, that woman made me try things! Wala naman sanang masama pero sumobra na siya sa kabaliwan niya."

Lalong siyang napahagalpak ng tawa. "Oh, now you're talking! She made you drink her special potion, didn't she?"

"That's what I've been trying to tell you. I felt so disgusted, I'm never going to do it again. Of course, I wouldn't tell her that but still..."

"Bakit naman kasi ininom mo naman? I never pictured that you would do it!"

"No, no, no. You got it all wrong. I did it because I was curious at first and that I didn't want to be rude." Natawa ako ng malakas, kung iisipin nga talaga ay kasalanan ko rin naman."Oh, trust me, never again. I feel like I'm going to puke again."

We talked some more and he agreed to be the one who tell that woman that I will never create anything for her again. Handang-handa na akong bumalik kay Elaine...

It turned out that she wasn't. Hindi ko alam kung anong nagawa kong mali. Hindi ko alam kung dahil ba napagtanto niyang pinagsisisihan na niya ang lahat ng nangyari...

But Elaine left.

She left without giving me the chance to say anything.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elaine is avoiding me and she is doing it very well. Not only that she is avoiding me at all cost, she is doing it with the intent of punishing me.

I do not know if it was coincidental or she simply started wearing her best. Kahit ano pa man iyon, wala akong ibang maisip kung gaano ako ka-proud sa kanya sa mga creations niya. Elaine is a great designer and she knows how to have her creation fit any theme. Isa lang naman ang hindi ko gusto at iyon ay ang lahat na lang atensyon ng lahat nasa kanya.

Walang mali doon pero nagseselos ako... and I am never jealous.

Nagseselos ako na lahat sila, nginingitian niya, na lahat sila pinapansin niya. What in the hell did I do for her to avoid me like this? If she is regretting what happened between us, why cannot she just talk to me about it?

"You really have that look on your face whenever you stare at her."

Nagulat pa ako sa nagsalita. It was just Toby. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the practice?"

"Practice was done a half hour ago."

Elaine left with her co-designers and that was the only time I could face Toby properly. May sasabihin sana ako ng unahan niya ako.

"You love her, Cade. Napakatanga mong sinasayang mo pa ang panahong meron ka."