Chapter 7

Zeanna Kye Taylor
Chicago, IL

Today was gonna be a busy day for me

Today was gonna be a busy day for me. I had a doctor's appointment today at 8. Then, I was taking my acceleration/TSI test and I was scared, but hopefully, I do well because I spent most of my days studying for this.

I get out of the uber and arrived at the doctor's office. I checked in and wait for my name to be called when it's time I got up and walked to the nurse into the exam room. She checks my wounds and takes blood for testing the same as usual. I was now six months pregnant and my bump had gotten much bigger.

I'm feeling better but I'm always scared and watching my back. I won't even leave out after a certain time without someone. The doctor tells me I'm doing well and that my baby is pretty healthy for the condition I've been through.

I knew that difficulties would happen during this pregnancy. The doctor asked how I was feeling so I have her a synopsis, "I spent most of my time up at night from all the pain. Sometimes the pain is so much I'm  to the point of having my brothers take me to the hospital," I explained to the doctor.

"If you ever feel to that point again please come it will do you better than staying home and not knowing what's wrong," I told her thank you and left to get into my uber for my appointment with my therapist.

I walk into KOKI, my therapist's office, and greeted her, we meet once a week and I think she's helping me because she's like someone I can vent to about things and she won't judge. She makes me feel better about things and helps me question things and helps me to understand the situation I was once put into.

I thought I wouldn't have liked her but she's helped me. After leaving I went home because I had an appointment on a call with some potential vendors.

I was excited, because if I did find one today that could mean me starting my business right away and I was eager to get to work. I arrived at the house and headed to my room not even checking to see if my brothers were there.

Took my laptop off and put on a decent top to get into the meetings. After meeting all of the vendors I think I've found one that will benefit my brand in a good way. I started making a business card and some social media accounts for my business.

I could hope to grow, maybe even promotions with YouTubers. I can't wait to have my son. I haven't even met him yet, but he's my motivation to continue even through these obstacles in life.

After finding a potential vendor and getting some work done, I was tired and wanted to sleep. I was hungry too. I went downstairs to check if they were anything I could make. Nothing to make and I wanted Rasta Pasta.

Do I go to the store or not. I call Kayden and ask if she wants to Walmart with me and she says yes.

She pulls up to my house and I get in the car. "Hey. I'm hungry and I want Pasta," I tell her while smiling. "Me too, you finna make us some."

"We finna make us some," I responded.

She rolls her eyes but still drives us to the store. We walking into the store getting what we need. Some dude stops Kayden for her number and they start flirting and shit so I walk off. Not finna watch them, I get some candy cause I get a craving during the night.

I wait for her to finish. "Conversation that good," I say laughing. "Yeah, he seems cool maybe I can get to know him." Let's go I'm ready to make this food and eat.

We walk into the house and I'm tired cause of this baby and from all of that walking in the store. My brothers and his friends on the couch talking. Kayden and I greet them then walk into the kitchen.

When start on the hardest part the blackened jerk chicken. When the chicken is almost done I make Kayden boil the pasta while I start on the sauce. Al she did was that and watch me do everything else. I wasn't sure if my brothers and their friends wanted done but I made extra just incase.

When the food is almost done I go upstairs to take a shower. I get dressed in a big ass t-shirt and some shorts, put my socks on and head downstairs.

I walk down there to see Farah talking to them at the table while they're eating. "Didn't even ask just eating my food," I say with an attitude.

"Bestie we suppose to share," Ant said as he walked over to me smiling. I was cool with Ant he'd been friend with my brothers since they were kids.

I rolled my eyes and went to get myself some food. The only open seat was next to Messiah so I sat down.

We both started eating. "Damn, y'all acting like y'all ain't eat in days," Jordan said laughing.

"The pasta good, I only eat this good when u go to my moms house." Messiah told me. I smiled at him.

"You cook for your baby daddy like this," Slim said looking down at my stomach. I side-eyed him continuing to eat.

"Awe yeah, who is your baby daddy," Ant said. "Shit, I'm just as clueless in this conversation as this baby daddy," I said tryna be funny but nobody laughed. I frowned looking down at plate eating as fast as I could so I could leave the table.

"Oh that's cool," Slim said looking around at us. We finished eating I cleaned my face headed upstairs and went to sleep.