Chapter 164

"Do you mean that our daughters are dead?!" Both Lady Nance and Lady Thali had set up a secret meeting between the two with spies who would find information about their daughters in the Mireraweth castle. Hoping that their daughters were still alive, they were prohibited from visiting them by the emperor's command. They had been seeking information about their daughters, but their family refused to get involved and get them out. Hearing about their daughters, they could not believe that their children had been given such cruel fates.

The spies could only remain on their knees since they had to inform the news to both mothers that their daughters had been found dead. The Mireraweth emperor had done nothing and used them like any other of his "toys."

'They are the emperor's women. We knew that this day would come when they either come on terms with his pleasure or take the easy way out.' The spies were all thinking about how it was going to happen either way. There was no avoiding the inevitable from happening.

"That wretched emperor!" Lady Thali was informed that her daughter was pregnant with the Mireraweth emperor's child from the spies. Yet, her daughter had been killed brutally, with the emperor giving no care at all that his child even died. 'How can such a man do this!!! Taking my precious daughter for granted!!! What was he thinking?!?!' She felt anger that the Mireraweth emperor did nothing while her daughter could've been in the next line of taking over for the empress's throne. 'That empress isn't even doing her part either! It seems as though there will be more blood that falls in the future.' Lady Thali had planned to get rid of the crown prince and the current empress, but her daughter had been killed before she could even take action into her own hands. "They will all pay!!!"

Lady Nance could not even do anything; her mind was about as weak as her daughters, feeling that she would take her life as well since she lost her child. "I don't think I can do this! My daughter! My only daughter!!! AHHHHH!!!!" Lady Nance could do nothing, and her mind felt like it was breaking into two. There had been a clear slap sound soon after.

"Listen to yourself!!!!" Lady Thali had slapped Lady Nance, seeing how weak this woman was, and she still took care of her for some reason. "You still have one child left! I have none! Do you know how much more upset and angered I am?!" Lady Thali had to mention to Lady Nance that she still had one more child in order to make her mind sane. "Do not even forget about your son! I think it is time for him to take a step for his sisters. Perhaps... it is time to have him sneak in and work in secret with the Crown Prince. I have heard that there is tension between him and his father." Lady Thali was not going to let the last child in their hands go to waste. 'I will not forgive them!'

***

Mila felt that she was lying on someone's chest, making her slowly open her eyes to see what she was lying down on. She felt some strong mana enter her body, which she figured was healing her and giving her voice back. Blinking her eyes a few times, she liked the comfort that it was giving her at the same time. Feeling the mana enter her body, it felt like her entire body and soul were complete once again. She could see his bare chest with scars that ran across from it all around. "ZH..." She said. She looked up and saw him smiling back down at her, rubbing her eyes a bit to make sure it was clear. "Why are you here?" She said after laying her hand on his cheek, making sure that it was no dream of hers. "Why is your shirt not buttoned up?" Looking back and forth from his face to his bare chest, it just made her turn red to see how confident he was getting. "Idiot!" Covering her eyes afterward, she hoped that he did not try anything funny at that moment.

Mila didn't know what ZH was thinking, but she was still happy to see him there by her side. "I missed you." He took hold of her hand that covered her eyes, looked down at it, and then kissed the palm of it. These warm hands embraced my cheeks. Their warmth has not changed since the beginning," he said, looking back down at Mila's glowing, flushed face, with the sun's light shining down once again to reveal her embarrassed face.