Chapter 96

'Is she pregnant with that bastard's child?' Aiken was already jumping to topics or thoughts that would separate them due to his people. After all, a kingdom's citizens would never allow an emperor to take a woman as their empress if they were already pregnant with another man's child. They preferred to have a woman who only had the emperor's children and no other.

"That individual... I helped her stop the war between both kingdoms." Addis said, making Aiken let out a sigh of relief while falling flat onto his back; right onto the bed.

"Why are you so relieved?" Addis didn't understand how he could be so relieved over that information given to him. 'What was this man thinking?! Why isn't he upset at all for what I just did to collaborate with someone who kidnapped me?!' Feeling as though there was something that could've been worse than helping the individual.

"I thought that it was perhaps something worse like you are pregnant with that Crown Prince's child." Aiken didn't want to think about her having another man's child. Mostly, when that other man could be the Mireraweth Kingdoms Crown Prince. He knew that it would bring up trouble again with the possibility of another war happening if it were ever found out.

"You idiot!" Addis grabbed her pillow, smacking the pillow directly onto his face. Making him rather surprised that she would hit him with the pillow out of the blue. "How can I be pregnant when I haven't even reached that point of-" She stopped to forget about what she was about to blurt out at that moment. 'What the hell was I thinking?! About to blurt it straight out to him!!!' Being angry at herself while Aiken had time to think it through to the point.

Aiken on the other hand just laid on the bed surprised about such a thing she just said or was about to say, but he knew what she was about to say. 'There's still a chance for me!' He felt happy, but then remembered her words before he jumped onto another topic or thought that came up before the last. "Ahem... Now, you said that that young lady helped you stop the war?" He sat up, looking at Addis who hugged the pillow to her chest while nodding with guilt on her face.

"Mhm..." Addis didn't know if he was going to be mad with her or not since they considered the individual as a kidnapper. With the thought of the last conversation already long gone from her mind.

"Why would she agree to help stop the war?" He then asked. Feeling as though the individual was more of a peacemaker than some evil being trying to get out of boredom. 'It makes it seem as though they were just really messing with us for some kind of show. At the same time... it seems as though they still had a motive for taking such actions.' Feeling as though the individual has too much of an odd behavior to kidnap and then ask for Addis's help in the entire peacemaking between the Mireraweth kingdom and Maedda kingdom.

"She wanted to protect the ones that she loved. She did not harm me, and she wanted to end the 'pointless' war." Addis felt like crying, thinking about the injury that Fairy could've sustained from the fight with Aiken. 'I wonder how she is. Aiken is no fighter to misjudge easily since he has taken extra attention ragtime since young to be strong for his kingdom.' Addis looked up to Aiken who was still pondering, thinking about how she came to be with such a man who fought to get her back.

"Why would she go so far to have both kingdoms work alongside another? It does not change anything since this was only once and there is no peace treaty formed between us." Aiken gave a questioning look and felt that things were too strange about the one individual having only beasts along their side for help rather than humans to assist. "What did she tell you to call her?" Aiken looked back down to Addis who turned away as quickly as possible.

"Fairy." Addis knew nothing about her even though they spoke, but it was only little topics and words.

"Well, Fairy is a little strange, but did she say anything about a kingdom?" Aiken wanted to see if they could find any other information about Fairy since they were unable to obtain the blood found on his sword.