Chapter 95

"We're not sure, but she just arrived here in this condition with the wound open. We were able to fix it up since it was nothing too serious." Tim knew about the rumors of Duke Reynard cherishing his youngest daughter the most in the Mireraweth kingdom. 'What kind of father would not love his daughter that they have personally raised since birth.' Tim respected Duke Reynard for being there for Mila when she had no mother by her side with most of her half-siblings turning their backs against her. 'I wonder why Mila had to go through all of this hardship once she came back home.' Tim felt as though Mila always had something awaiting her back at home which was nothing more than trouble for her.

They knew deep down that Duke Reynard would want to kill whoever had harmed Mila to be in that condition. They assumed that he would even harm anyone who took even a piece of hair from her. "She needs to rest for now. She will have a fever soon, so I'll stay wi-" Thelma was going to stay by her young lady's side when Duke Reynard went over to Mila's side instead.

"No need. I'll do it. She's my child and I have to take care of her. It's been too long since I've last had such a moment with my youngest daughter." Duke Reynard knew that it had been too long, feeling as though they were straying apart from one another. 'Why must you always go through such pain and danger in this way?' Duke Reynard felt rather weak that he couldn't even protect her when she needed him most. 'You are still so young and barely reached your teenage years. You are still a child and my little princess.' Duke Reynard did not know how things would turn out after he left to meet with the Mireraweth emperor to talk about the recent agreement.

Tim and Thelma left the father and daughter alone while they attended to their little clinic for the time being with little patches and cleaning. 'Poor Mila.' Thelma felt pity for Mila who always endured and went through pain for a good reason. 'She always does something that ends up harming her. It's always for the people more than herself. As if a spell that works, but backfires at the last second.' Thelma went along to focus back on her little clinic with Tim who still worried more about the clinic than Mila at the moment.

"Mila, why do you always end up in some sort of mess like this when I'm gone. It's like you were bound to bad luck in the Mireraweth kingdom." Duke Reynard didn't understand why Mila got hurt so much when she came back alive in the end or barely alive, specifically the Mireraweth Kingdom.

***

[Mila! Why did you do that?!] Mila found herself again in her unconscious mind with her two beasts yelling out to her. Lecturing her to stop all the nonsense and plans that she makes up so brilliantly with a low chance of failure. Vivian was still stuck with Buck at her secret home which left the little nine-tail fox and Griffin with her. Kate and Skye were angry at her since the plan barely turned out as it was supposed to. 'I can see why so many people worry about this young lady with just a mere glance, and you know something's up.'

[That's right! Mama, you should be thinking about us for help! We can't be the only ones that stand idle now! You have us for a reason! It's as if you are just playing with us!] Kate was upset, knowing that they were being ignored throughout the entire plan of hers. Being excluded as if they did not even belong to Mila's group or are a part of her contract.

"You both are not being ignored. I simply do not want to give my identity away so easily. Things will get out of hand mostly when some people know that you both are my beast-like Aiken already knows about you all." Mila wasn't sure if Aiken knew, but she wanted to still keep her beasts hidden away since the chances were still high that he knew them. 'I cannot let others know that it is me who is considered the kidnapper. It'll be safer until then things need to be kept in a low profile.'

[I can understand that, but why would you think of such a dangerous plan?!] Skye was still quite mad and upset, not wanting to let Mila off the hook this time. [Do you know how worried we both were once that sword had been inflicted onto your little body!] Skye kept trying to keep in all her anger that was slowly pouring out.