Chapter 111

It was sudden, but Mila felt her hands move away from her face with ZH taking the chance to kiss her. 'What is he thinking??? Doing something so shameless!!!' Muffling a bit, she then stopped struggling and soon complied with it.

After some time, Mila was hugged into his arms while she looked down at his chest once their kiss had stopped. ZH looked down at her, seeing how beautiful she still was with the setting sun shining onto her. "You're truly beautiful." He laid his hand onto her cheek and rubbed his thumb against her soft cheek. "How did I meet such a beautiful woman?" He said, making Mila couldn't help but smile.

"Maybe, it was fate. How did I meet such a handsome man?" She came back asking a similar question. 'How did I end up with you this time? What was the purpose of my last life then?'

"Am I handsome? You've only seen my hair, lips, cheek, but not my eyes." He said. Mila looked up to him not even caring if she ever saw his eyes or not. 'What would she think if half of my face was hideous instead?'

"Seeing your eyes or not, it does not matter to me. Even if you were hideous, it does not change the fact that you've always been there by my side. You are the man that I truly care for and feel for. I hope you won't let this opportunity slip by, or will you." Mila couldn't help, but tease him if he was going to let her slip out of his clutch of getting her love and attention. 'I will not offer again if refused.'

"You're kidding me. I'll never let this slip by. This is the best thing that I will never let go of. Being loved and cherished by you, I can only return the same feelings." ZH then laid her hand above his heart where he could feel the heat emitting from it. Feeling his heartbeat, Mila couldn't help, but feel how much it was beating so rapidly.

'Is he perhaps nervous?' Mila could see how he likely had never done this before which made her happy to know that there was likely no other woman in his heart, but her. "Then, don't let me go." Mila wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling to see how he didn't want to let her go as she did with him when he was Ambrose.

"D-Does this mean that we are close to marriage?" ZH was feeling excited in his heart, wanting to truly know if they were going that route.

"Huh???" Mila didn't think he would bring up that question again when she could hear the sound of wedding bells already ringing in her head. Unsure of how to answer, but they had been best friends now for about longer than ten years. "I guess so." Mila giggled seeing his face lit up with joy to know that there was a future for them.

He hugged her with his head leaning against her shoulder while Mila leaned her head against him with her cheek hitting his head. "You do not understand how hard it is for a man like myself to hold back." He said, sighing to try and calm his heart down from being clumsy or ruining the mood.

"Thank you for thinking about me. You are one of the best men out there who would try so hard to hold back for me. I'm glad that I met you before anyone else." Mila held his hand as he held hers back, thinking about how much bigger his hands were. Both looked to one another, pressing their foreheads together, feeling as though their relationship was going far better than they expected.

***

"Isn't that a nice scenery?" The emperor of Zameth stood at a good distance looking at the young couple from afar in their garden. "Reminds me of my good old days. I wonder why they are this shameless. They need to keep an eye out for others around in the garden since today is a good day to be out." He sighed, feeling as though the young couple needed to avoid being so close or else things could take a turn.

"Your majesty, I don't think it's a good idea that you are spying on them from afar. Wouldn't the crown prince be displeased that you are doing this?" His old butler sighed, seeing how he didn't change from his old methods and attitude. 'This is kind of how he met his wife.' Thinking back to when the emperor was much younger and immature while going around the kingdom like a common citizen.