Chapter 156

For the past few days, Mila had been allowing Prince Leroy to see her, but they were nothing more than friends that could no longer pass their current relationship status since there was only one person in her heart. Mila would always think about ZH hoping that he was eating well and taking care of himself while they were separated from each other. That he slept well within the nights that they were apart. She knew that Prince Leroy was trying to have some place in her heart, but she only wished to love the only man she ever knew her whole life who was not her father or brother. No matter how hard Prince Leroy tried to make advances towards her, she would refuse wanting to keep herself as friends only. She could tell that he had the same loving look as ZH who showed her similar affections, but Prince Leroy could see that his eyes showed more desire than love. Both walked alongside each other in the forest where they would keep their usual distance and chit-chat.

"Mila, do you not carry any feelings at all for me?" Prince Leroy decided to pop the question than to wait forever, looking to see how Mila had been rejecting him throughout the time that they had been together to catch up about the old past. He could see that the scar was no longer on her face which allowed her to marry him since it was forbidden for those with a scar to marry into the royal family in Mireraweth kingdom. Knowing that many in the Mirerweth Kingdom would not allow him to marry anyone with a scar since it was considered a great misfortune for them all.

"You're my friend. How can I not have any feelings for you?" Mila walked along down the grassy path with Prince Leroy reaching his limit. He had grabbed her hand making Mila hit the tree behind her with both of his hands blocking her from escaping. "P-Prince Leroy???"

"Mila, have you never thought that we could be more than just friends? Was I never able to enter that part of your heart from the very beginning when we first met?" Prince Leroy angrily looked to Mila, wanting a clear answer from her no matter what. His patience was running out, the time that they had known each other made it seem like they were not even close to friends.

"Prince Leroy, we both belong to different worlds. I have people that I love and you have yours. We cannot be together and I love only one man for the rest of my life. I will never have another man to love besides him. You have your people and your family to think about now." Mila did not wish to speak anymore to him since he had been advancing towards her in a more romantic behavior than friendly behavior. She did not want to be a part of his harem which was worse than being a criminal. 'Does he really think that we can be compatible together? Love does not work that way nor his way.' Feeling annoyed that Princess Leroy would be this type of man to take this sort of action of forcing love.

"I understand." Prince Leroy's face had darkened as he backed away, walking away with Mila knowing that it was the right choice to do so. They could not be together no matter how many lifetimes between them pass. Mila's heart was set with ZH, she had no intentions of changing her feelings. Watching him get on his horse, Mila saw him looking down at her. "I will be sure to have your heart one day. No matter how long it takes, I cannot give up." He said, leaving Mila could feel her color drain from her face.

'He will keep going until he has what he wants.' Mila knew that Prince Leroy would change from being a sincere and kind person to a cruel and mean human being. 'What happened to you that caused you to change?' Mila thought seeing how harsh life was for Prince Leroy. 'You have a woman by your side who actually truly loves you. I can tell from her face and throat one time that I saved her. She truly did love you with all her heart. I hope that you are not neglecting her and your child.' Mila stopped to enhance her hearing and knew that there were people in the forest who found her. She no longer wore her mask and was known among the Mana Hunters that she was Mila Noble. The missing third young lady that everyone had been looking for, alive.