Chapter 113

"Funny thing, he wanted me to be sure that you are well rested along with your mana and soul fully healed. You do not know how early he woke me up this morning." Noah remembered ZH [Ambrose] knocking on his door and dragging him to wait outside in the cold early morning. 'He dragged me out when I was not even dressed, but I was still wrapped up in my blanket. My poor sleep.' Noah wanted to cry, missing his bed already since he was dragged out of his will.

"I'm pretty sure that he was just worried about me. Thank you for coming here to do so." Mila smiled, deciding to have some snacks and tea for Noah who came to see her forced by ZH. "Why did he just leave all of a sudden? Do you perhaps know the reason?" Looking to Noah, she felt as though he would possibly know the reason why he just left.

"Hm?" Noah looked to see how Mila was likely feeling some kind of betrayal in her heart. "I'm pretty sure he didn't do it on purpose." There was a misunderstanding between the two, but he could not blame Mila. ZH [Ambrose] should have told Mila before he left, but instead, he went ahead and said nothing to her. 'I feel like there is going to be a conflict here if it does not go well.' There was only so much that Noah could do or say since there was still so much that ZH did not say or mention.

(-_-)

"I feel like I'm a burden on him." Mila was living freely off ZH while he was busy handling his duties. He saved her, took care of her, even informed her family and friends about her. "He does so much for me, yet... I can barely repay him for it all." At the same time, she did not want to be lied to by anyone she loves. If ZH was meeting another woman or had another woman in mind then she felt as though there was no way that she could kill him. The only other option would be to run away from him than to be with him if another woman was involved.

"Him doing that proves to you how much he loves you." Noah wanted Mila to know that she wasn't being treated out of pure kindness of a friend, but a lover. ZH had his reason for wanting to keep Mila away from danger. 'There is so much that you still do not know about. I feel sorry for you, but the reason you do not know is that he is afraid.'

"I don't want to keep hiding away. I feel like it's about time that I start doing something." Mila had a serious look on her face wanting to be able to help in any way. "It just doesn't feel right to keep sitting here and live as I please. There has to be something that I can do." Noah could see that Mila wanted to do something, but what was there for her to do since there wasn't much to do besides hunt for the Mana Hunters causing trouble all around. Both Noah and Mila were sitting down at a table in the garden with the food set around for them.

"If you want to help them, I'll give you a little info," Noah smirked, leaning onto his hand with his elbow resting on the table. Mila scooted closer with her ear towards him to listen in on what he was about to tell her. "He is working on finding Mana Hunters to keep them alive. They've been taking the easy way out to avoid telling the truth." He said and gestured his hand like a cut across his neck which Mila knew what he meant by that.

"Has there been even a little detail that they give out?" Mila wandered with the Mana Hunters on the loose for a long time. Even with her gone for six years, she was still likely a target. 'They will still likely try to capture me if they find me alive. I'm amazed that they haven't found me after six years of being unconscious.' Mila did not know how ZH managed to hide her, but she was still quite amazed.

"Nope, they have grown more desperate for mana. The Zameth kingdom is known for beasts that come here out of their free will to live peacefully for some time. Beasts here are treated with equality like humans. No one should be mistreated, be it human or beast." Noah told Mila who had no idea about that part of Zameth kingdom. "I'm assuming you had no idea about this."

"Yeah, I didn't think that the Zameth kingdom would be like this. It makes me very happy to know that a kingdom like this exists. I've only ever lived in one kingdom far much longer than any other, so this gives me more of a bigger view of what is out there." She felt relieved that there was such a kingdom that cared about both people and the beast. 'This kingdom may be one of a kind for having such equality between humans and beasts. This kingdom must have a long history with beasts since the beginning of time.' Mila wanted to know more about this kingdom now that Noah told her about it. 'I should look into the library to find some history records or books about it.'