Chapter 109

Alec huffed, seeing how Ella wasn't even paying attention to any of the studies that were given to her by their assigned teachers. "The Maedda kingdom... whether it be an emperor, empress, prince, or princess. We were all born cursed to wear a mask since our faces can kill anyone who sees us directly in the face with a single glance. My family has been told many times that those who look at us tend to die within a day at most. While the Gririth kingdom is almost like the Maedda kingdom with the emperor, empress, prince, and princess. The only thing different is that they will die by age forty like they fell asleep, but never woke up." Alec explained to Ella who was tightly holding her hands.

"You're telling me all of this is too much." She whined, looking at him since she did not like the topic of death a single bit. Talking about such a topic made her sad which made her think about Addis who she considered an aunt in her eyes.

"So, would you rather prefer that I die by age forty?" He looked at Ella who gasped.

"Don't say that!!! I won't allow it!" She yelled angrily looking at him almost in tears from such truthful words. "Why do you always say that? You are such a meanie to me!" Trying to stop her tears from coming out, but it was getting pointless at this moment.

"Why can't I say it? I'm the crown prince born with the curse. I must bear it till death, so there is no use in hiding it. You don't bear any curse now that you are free from the Mireraweth Kingdom." Alec looked at the girl with who he grew up. He had long known about her parent's background since many in the Maedda kingdom knew about their history. They had been playmates since birth which he found very amusing for some reason when they first met.

"It doesn't matter! I want to be able to stay by your side!" Ella said, changing her frown to smile at him while he had a paused look. Ella couldn't see his face, but he was blushing behind the mask to see a sudden change of face.

"Don't regret your words later." He said lastly with Ella confused, but smiling while taking a hold of his hand.

***

Watching the two children from outside the library, three women stood outside looking to see the two children who were far closer than they thought. "Aren't they both just meant for each other?" Ai was watching the two children who were like her niece and nephew, seeing how they were still young yet held hard feelings for one another.

"Well, they are both just children right now. No one can predict the future." Addis knew that childhood lovers could last, but it depended on how strong their love could last since it was hard to maintain childhood love.

"There is no way that we can interfere. If they are meant to be together then they will be together, but if not then they will no longer keep the memories of the past. It would be better to forget than to feel the pain of the past." Luce did not want either of them to feel any heartache from the separation of unrequited love.

"Let us all leave them for now. Luce, you will soon leave this kingdom. I would like to spend some time with you before you leave." Addis had gotten to know Luce over the past six years which made them more like sisters. Smiling to one another, they looked to Ai who felt singled out since they were always against her. She did not even have kids yet for her age, not even a lover was in mind which made them worried about her future.

"Why don't we try to start matchmaking as well?" Luce and Addis had the same thoughts, seeing how it was about time for Ai to start thinking about marriage.

'Why am I always singled out?' Ai did not know how to fight against them anymore since it was pointless in the end.

***

"Father, how long have you protected the young lady? She does not seem like any ordinary lady." Philbert was practicing swinging the wooden sword that was made and given to him by his father.