Chapter 87

After days of planning, Mila had heard about Leo going to depart not long after. She sobbed seeing how he was leaving her along with Luce being left behind who also cried for him. "Leo, do you *hic* have to *hic* go?" Mila stood there next to Luce who was crying beside her. Luce had talked to Leo so much about leaving, trying to get him to stay, but it was from the Emperor's order that he would have to go.

"Mila, I'll be sure to come back. Luce, take care of my little sister." Leo hugged Luce, placing a kiss on her head knowing how much she was crying for him to stay with her. He then petted Mila's head knowing that there was no other option for him. Watching Leo leave, Mila knew that she had to get her plans organized and situated out as soon as possible.

Mila was sitting down having tea with Luce until a messenger came to deliver a message, specifically to Mila.

"Lady Mila has been invited to attend a woman's hunting match tomorrow." The messenger announced to Mila even though Luce was also there to hear the entire invitation.

"Pfftt!!!!" Mila spat out her tea, coughing to feel her throat stinging still from the sudden message when she had never been in contact with any other ladies. "Who sent me an invitation?!" She felt as though this was rather very suspicious when she first heard it. 'This smells like nothing but trouble.'

"Umm... well..." The messenger was told to not say anything to Mila since it would ruin one of the lady's plans that he was informed about.

Mila then figured it out with the messenger's look, she could see that things were likely planned by Vita to have all the women invited and embarrass her since she never met or shown her appearance before. 'I see. She thinks that embarrassing me will chase me away once again. We'll see about that then.' Mila scoffed, seeing how she was invited but not Luce. 'Things will get messy now.' Knowing that she was the intended target, she did not know what would happen or what Vita planned, but she was not going to let them have their way.

"Mila? Will you be alright? Going to such an event isn't easy." Luce worried about Mila who was being forced to go one way or another. She also knew that Mila had never been to a social group with other ladies around.

"I'll be fine. Besides, I have Cotton and Net with me." Cotton and Net nodded at the same time, looking up to assure Luce that she didn't need to worry about Mila being bullied in any way.

"Don't get into trouble then. I do not want to fail Leo since I am his wife, and you are my little sister as well. I am supposed to protect you, but with how my title is now with my father still hiding, I cannot do much of anything since I am still being watched at some point." Luce hated the thought of her father losing his title, but it was for the better. Yet, she was still being watched by a few spies that belonged to the Mireraweth Emperor who wished to get the stones and gems that her father found.

"You aren't letting him down at all. He loves you no matter what happens since nothing is ever your fault, to begin with. You both were meant to be together." Mila held Luce's hand and smiled gently at her. Luce didn't know what she did to have such a loving husband and a kind little sister-in-law who was like a sister that she never had.

The day moved along quickly, Mila was already dressed for the day of the hunt meant for only nobility women in high status to go. Refusing to take a carriage with her sisters, she had gone early to the location without a carriage. Arriving at Little Forest, Mila sighed waiting for anyone to arrive just as early as her. So far, it was only her who was there at the location. "Tsk, not a single person in sight." Mila sighed, seeing how they were all very much ladylike. 'How can you ladies all be as you like and dress up so much for it. I don't think you need to dress up for it at all, which I find quite a waste of time.' Speaking in her mind, she found it quite annoying how one must be ladylike at all times just because they are a woman.