Chapter 75

"This seems interesting." Mila rushed over, hiding and following the figures from afar but before she could continue, she had sent Cotton to send a message back to Emmett for help. Going to the room, she hid in the closet before they saw her.

"Now, have you done your part of the deal? These jewels are the fair deal and I do not expect to be disappointed at your end." John Kinney placed a suitcase down onto the table and opened it, revealing jewels that were not meant for any common people. Mila saw it clearly as the day the jewels were known as Mireraweth's Heart. It was a rare gem to be found in the mines which Mila wondered how John Kinney got them. The Mireraweth's hearts were gems and jewels that could mainly be found by mages or sorcerers who held very powerful mana.

"How did you get these?" The fellow buying the gems asked, full of curiosity to try and find them on his own.

"These were given to me by one of the clients who I traded a fair amount to get. Please, will you finally leave my family alone?" John Kinney looked to the men who were smiling and looking at the jewels in front of them.

"Not yet. I've heard that your daughter is getting married soon to the first son of Reynard Noble." The man then held a sinister smile, making the hair behind John Kinney's back perk up. "Why don't we have an arrangement first before her wedding?" The man held no good feelings or thoughts to John Kinney's daughter who was about to get married.

"Tell me! Why are you doing this?! I've brought the jewels that you've asked for!" It was obvious that the situation or deal was not going as John Kinney had planned. "You said that you would leave my family out of this!"

Mila could see now that he was doing it all to protect his daughter. 'How did this all start?' She thought, feeling as though it was more complicated than it looked. 'Still, I cannot forgive anyone who is trying to take a woman's innocence before her wedding with her one and only.' Mila felt rather upset and angry at how disgusting certain men were to try and seal a deal and get what they want.

"The deal is sealed, but we cannot let you live since you've seen what we were looking for." Hearing the swords pulled out, Mila knew that it wasn't time to let things go down the drain with the information that she just heard.

Kicking the closet door, her dagger flew hitting a few men around in the room, then rushing forth, kicking the last few men standing around as they flew hitting the walls. "Who are you?!" John Kinney took the jewels, placed them all back inside the little briefcase, and hid behind Mila who was smaller than him, but she knew how to fight.

"No time for questions. Let's go!" Mila had dragged John Kinney as she broke through the window which was their only escape route. Dragging him down with her, she heard him scream behind her, making Mila rather annoyed that men could scream that loud to the point of making her deaf. "Skye." Mila had Skye appear out in the dead of the night which allowed the moon's light to shine down onto her blade-made wings.

Landing into her back, both Mila and John Kinney looked behind them, seeing if they were being chased at this point. "Why are you helping me?!" John Kinney shouted out, not knowing if the person who saved him had any ill intentions as well.

"You have a family, right?!" Mila looked at him and saw that he froze there once she mentioned the word 'family'. "Your family would be disappointed if you died right then and there."

"Is my daughter safe?!" He asked with worry in his eyes. Mila could tell that he was worried since he held the same look as her father did when he felt scared or concerned for her safety and health.

"Let's go and see for ourselves." Mila had them both fly straight down as they landed smoothly at John Kinney's home. Quickly calling Skye back, they had to hide since Mila had sensed the people chasing after them not too long ago after they escaped. "Quickly, come this way!" Mila had dragged him where they hid away in the shadows.