Chapter 83

Leo didn't know how Mila got such news when they wanted to avoid letting her know the current situation and matters in the Mireraweth palace. "Where did you hear such a thing?" Leo looked over to Mila, who held a sad gaze, staring down at her cup of tea that had likely gone cold. He was going to, without a doubt, punish the one who spread the news to Mila.

"I-" Mila was about to say that it was well known in the town when she had been cut off.

"She heard it like any other would know since it's not uncommon to know now that the war is coming sooner than one would know. It's not surprising to hear that a disfigured young man would be sent off to war since he is portrayed as useless." Vita came up with their other two half-siblings looking at the three figures who were supposed to be enjoying their time together with a bit of tea. Now, they were bothered by non-other than their half-siblings, who saw each other as enemies more than blood siblings.

"Oh, your face may have gotten uglier from last I saw you." Darren looked at Mila, seeing her face covered with her mask and her hair covering the left side of the face. 'She has indeed lost face now. There is no way that she would ever be able to climb any further.' Darren felt Mila was useless and assumed that she would soon lose favor from their father, who held strongly onto her image and reputation.

"Why don't you show your face more? It'll be such a story, even allowing us to tell the story for you when people ask about it." Elsie smirked, seeing how Mila kept her casual stare at them with no care like she always did when they were younger.

"What brings you three here at this time of day? Did you perhaps come to greet me and welcome me back?" Mila took a sip of her cold tea, ignoring their taunts. "You three have not greeted me back ever since I returned home. Are you here to greet me now?" She decided to mess with them since they could not argue or fight back with her anyway.

"You should be the one greeting me for coming back! Such a lowly commoner-born child should've been abandoned long since birth! " Vita tried again to get Mila upset with harsh words, which would never work on her now. 'How can this bastard continue to endure all the insults that I've been telling her and not get upset?!' Vita angrily looked to Mila, who still did not care about anything she said.

"Of course, I am of low birth, but you can't seem to part from me since you continue to visit and talk to me after my return. Do you perhaps favor me secretly? Why would I leave such a great sister of mine behind?" Mila made it sound derisive to Vita, who had just reached the last straw.

"You!" Vita had rushed forth, trying to somehow get a hold of Mila. Before she could, Leo had grabbed Vita's hand to prevent her from catching Mila in any harmful way.

"Shouldn't you be attending a tea party at this time? Why don't you hurry along and meet your lady friends before things get messy here." Leo glared at Vita, who angrily pulled her hand from Leo, who always went against her. Luce went over to keep Mila close to her from being harmed by her other two half-siblings.

"You're an idiot!" Vita angrily said, leaving with a defeat which she was always no match for Mila once Leo was there. "I can see why your mother tried to kill you as an infant!" Vita shouted out before Leo could even punish or get payback for Mila.

'Mila...' Luce had never heard about such infant years for Mila, who had to suffer. She never thought that Mila's mother would attempt to kill her as an infant. 'What kind of mother would hurt their child?' Luce sadly looked down at Mila, who was indifferent about what Vita had just mentioned or said.

Mila knew that she still wasn't welcomed back by her siblings; they would do all means to hurt her. Only her father and Leo would be her only blood family who would accept her no matter what or who she was with her lowly background. "Thank you, Leo." Mila gave him a warm smile seeing how he was still there for her when her other three older siblings were bullying her. "Hey, is this how you both probably also met when I left?" Mila decided to pop the question since she never got the story of how Luce and Leo met and got to know each other while she left to find her companions.