𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 𝑶𝑼𝑻.

ONE MONTH LATER

ONE MONTH LATER.

This past month has been the hardest for me once again. That guy gets weirder every week and he follows me everywhere I go. I've been trying to ignore him, but it's only a matter of time before he ends up striking again, doing something crazy to me.

The breakup hasn't helped me with any of this. As much as I hate to admit it, I missed Geo so fucking, but I can't allow myself to get back with him after everything he's done. I can't get him out of my head, neither could I stop thinking about the look on Gigi's face the night I left.

I missed Gigi more than anything in this world. Her and I haven't spoken much since I left because she's been busy coming up with ideas for her birthday party. I felt terrible for bailing on her weeks before, but I couldn't act as if being in the same room as Geo wouldn't tear me apart.

***

Another boring day of work. I had just finished putting on my work uniform before I headed into the kitchen. Nolan was typing on his computer as he always does when he's typing a new book or something.

Me: "What are you typing today?"

Nolan: "I've decided to write a short story for my mom about her sickness and how she's managed during all of it."

Me: "That's so sweet. Does she know she know you're doing this?"

Nolan: "It's a surprise for her because she's officially sick free and she's coming to visit in two weeks."

Me: "Nolan when were you going to tell me any of this?"

Nolan: "I thought I'd already told you."

"No!" I yelled, being overly happy that Ms. Kenna was going to be here soon. I've missed Nolan's mom more than anyone in this world. She's always been like a second mother to me.

Nolan: "I'm almost done writing it. She's been sick free for about three weeks now. Sorry again for not telling, but I need your help with planning something big for her and the rest of my family."

Me: "Anything you need, I'll do it."

Nolan: "I'm going to be making a list tomorrow night, so I'll text it to you later."

"Sounds great." I said, grabbing my keys before leaving Nolan's.

***

Whenever I made it to work, I clocked before immediately walking into the kitchen. I paused seeing Max washing the dishes. I hadn't seen Max since the incident. "Max?" I said, happy to see that he was back. He turned to look at me, revealing the stitches on his broken nose.

"Hendia." Max said, drying his hands before he walked over, giving me a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him, getting a flashback of seeing him hurt. "Thank you." He said, pulling away from our hug. "I am so sorry for what to you." I said and he smiled at me.