Buttercup

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Buttercup
Childish Desires
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The cold snow numbed his face, as he stood outside in the forest. Tommy was attempting to learn navigation on his own. He didn't want others to have to lead him or carry him anymore. He didn't like the feeling of being a burden.

So, with a lot of persuading, Philza let him out in the woods. He was moving around the trees and up the hills with lots of issues, but getting better.

He wished it rained here, because snow is so quiet. It's hard to tell where things are, and he has fallen into several holes.

Of course, there was a catch to Philza letting him outside. He wasn't alone. Technoblade was following from a distance to make sure the boy didn't hurt himself. It was just a precaution.

His boots sunk into the layered snow with each step, but not enough for him to worry about getting stuck. A rabbit hopped by, spooking him. Tommy fell backwards. He scrambled to his feet, before falling into a hidden water pool.

Knowing Technoblade would be on his way, he called out, "I'm fine!"

He lied. It was freezing cold water and Tommy's clothes were soaked. At least this pool was about knee deep. Tommy struggled to his feet, wading through the pool and towards the dirt shores.

Someone audibly knelt down, and reached out a hand. Tommy surpassed it, getting out on his own.

"Thanks, but I said I'm fine, Blade."

"You look a little cold."

"...Blade?"

Why was his voice suddenly higher?

"No, Tommy. Although, thanks for telling me who you ran off to."

"Wait, Dream, please. I didn't have a say in this. I barely just learnt that this is where I am! I— I don't..." Tommy tried his best to breath.

"Tommy, you fucked up."

"No, Dream, please. I—"

"No! You listen here, you little brat! I gave you everything! I gave you a chance, I gave you a home, I gave you armour sometimes," Dream laughed, pulling Tommy up by his wrist, harsh and tight, "But you had to run off when everything was perfectly fine. You had to ruin it. Like you always do. We—"

"Put him down, Dream," A crossbow loads.

Was that really Technoblade this time?

"Oh. Hello, Techno."

"Let him go."

"You owe me."

"Are you cashing in that favour now?"

"Mm..." Dream thought for a moment. The longest agonising moment in Tommy's life. "No. I'll be using that later."

Tommy let out a breath of relief, feeling a weight off of his chest, but he still had a problem to deal with.

"So, let Tommy go, Dream."

Dream cackled, "Sure."

Technoblade yelled for Tommy as he slipped through the air and into the freezing water.

The water entered his lungs with a cold gasp for air. His eyes blurred. Damn. Such a shitty way to die.