Clematis

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Clematis
Beauty of Ingenuity
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The world spun, and he was freezing. For a world of black, it seemed to sway pretty well.

"Tommy!"

Was that Technoblade calling his name? Was... Did he really care? He felt his numb body be lifted up. There was a laugh, something so menacing.

The same laugh from his dreams.

His head felt light. A throbbing sent his body into lockdown.

Tommy couldn't think. All he knew at the moment was he was so cold. He couldn't remember how he got there. Just, a second later, he was rushed through the cottage doors and there was a clammer.

Philza started to worry, it seemed. He was probably pretending.

Technoblade set him down onto the first floor couch, next to the fire. He was rather cold, actually.

"Can you hear me, Tommy?" That was Philza. Maybe.

His lips felt numb. He couldn't move his mouth to respond. Apparently the movement in his jaw was enough of a sign for Phil, though.

"Okay. I'm going to need you to drink this."

Some warm liquid was pushed against his lips. He swallowed it, even though it burned his throat. It sent shivers of warmth down his body, and the world didn't turn as much.

"How are you feeling, Toms?"

Terrible. So so terrible. He wanted to see. And while the pain was simmering down, he wanted that and the headache gone, too. He wanted to hold Tubbo again. He wanted to smell the warm air of L'manburg. He wanted to hear his discs. He wanted the pain to end.

Philza seemed to understand, even without an answer, and he embraced his son. For the second time that week, Phil held someone he hadn't seen in so long. This time, Tommy didn't hold back. He didn't even cry.

This time, Tommy just took in the moment, wanting everything to end. With no Tubbo, he didn't want to be alive. With no sight, he didn't want to breath.

"It's going to be okay, Tommy. Some day, everything will be fine. Fine in a way we won't have to worry. Fine in a way that we can all live in peace again."

And he fell asleep in Philza's arms. The trembling breaths only spoke of a terrible dream. Phil wanted him to have happy dreams where everything was okay. But, he knew that was a rarity.

"How is his temperature?" Technoblade sat on the floor in front of the couch, his back hunched.

"He's warmer now. Still too cold." Philza ran his fingers through his hair. "He's freezing and wet. We need to make sure he doesn't get sick."

"I think it's too late for that. He's been in that condition for far too long, I can only imagine how sick he will be."

They sat in silence, not even able to enjoy the moment. Tommy's breaths shook harder, and he was suddenly sobbing into Philza's chest. The boy was still asleep.

The next morning, Tommy had a fever. He wasn't allowed back outside. Instead, he was placed in warm clothes and put under Techno's fluffy blankets. He shivered as he slept, a migraine present.

Philza was surprised he was able to sleep in that situation, but knew he needed a lot of rest from many sleepless nights.

Technoblade was out hunting, that being a stress reliever for him. While he didn't like the sight of blood, the time by himself was pleasing. Ghostbur had spooked him as he wandered, Technoblade sending an arrow into the ghostly figure.

When the two arrived back at the cottage, very late in the night, Ghostbur was battered but happy. Technoblade was just tired.

Phil slept in a chair by the bed, having watched Tommy and grown sleepy. Techno draped a blanket over him as well, and headed to the couch, where he fell restless in the night.

It would be an understatement to say none of them slept well.