Forget Me Not

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Forget Me Not
Protection
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

He finds the snow beating on his face, but the sun felt out. Tommy crouched against a tree, picking up a stick and dragging it through the snow.

"Tommy."

His breathing stops, and eyes burn. The voice is right in his ear, raspy and hostile.

"Meet me on the highest mountain South." He demands, slipping something round and cold into Tommy's hand.

"Dream—"

"Come alone. Just you and Tubbo." Dream growls, stepping back and into the snow, "There will be consequences."

Consequences like a sword to the chest? No way... Tommy still wasn't allowed in L'manburg. There's no way for him to talk to Tubbo... How else did Dream expect Tommy to reach Tubbo?

"What are you doing?" Ranboo asks, sneaking up on Tommy accidentally. Tom jumps, surprised. He hits his head on a low branch and groans.

"Sorry..." Ranboo frowns, sighing.

Ranboo walks with Tommy to Techno's cottage, his footsteps light for such a tall man.

"Why did Dream call you a traitor?"

Ranboo looks down at the blinding snow, his eyes misty with his own confusion.

"I don't know..."

"Okay," Tommy sighs, opening the doors to the cottage, struggling at first, but he knew where the handles were. He slides the compass into his pocket, smelling the scent of bread from Philza's new house he built.

The scents were so much warmer in Phil's home. Of baked goods and fresh plants. Tommy enjoyed just sitting in there, but the terrain was odd and new. One afternoon, Philza walked into Tommy laying on his floor, asleep.

He walked the new cut bridge to Philza's home, opening the doors and inhaling. Phil waves and smiles, before looking sad.

"Hey, mate."

"Philza, what are you making for me?" Tommy laughs. He's been trying to revert to his humour...

"Well, it was gonna be for the journey Techno and Ranboo are going on later, but I'll make extra," He chuckles, slipping a warm loaf into Tommy's chilled hands.

"Thank you, Phil," the temperature in his body rising as he consumes. "Where are they going?"

"Just around. Ranboo has some maps for sea temples and mansions. He just likes hanging out with Technoblade. The kid admires him."

"Hey Phil?"

His voice comes closer, as does the footsteps. "Yeah, mate?"

"I have to be somewhere. I don't know when. I don't know where. All I know is that I'll need a guide to L'manburg. That's as far as possible."

Philza wraps his arms around the kid. "Oh, Tommy. There is no L'manburg."

"Wh... where is Tubbo?" He gasps softly, feeling numb in his embrace.

"I don't know."

Tommy falls limply, too tired to stand. He grasps at Philza's yukata, upset. "I need Tubbo, Phil."

Being honest? It hurt Philza to see his own kid suffer. His own kid long for someone else. Someone who hurt him and betrayed him. Somehow, Tommy still trusted Tubbo. Tommy would protect Tubbo with his life.

"I know. I wish I could help," he sits themselves down on the floor, running his fingers through the child's knotted blond.

After a moment, Philza sighs. "I'll help you find him, okay?"

"Really?" Tommy looks up, weakly. His eyes, though not seeing, were as blue as a baby bluebird's new feathers.

"I will. We'll find him together. And I don't know when or where you're going, but I support you. I want you to know that I wish I could go with you."

Tommy chuckles, breathing a heavy sigh, "Thank you, Phil."

"Of course, Mate."