Sakura

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Sakura
"No one can live forever"
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Tommy? Hold my hand."

The young boy huffs, folding his arms. "No! That's ridiculous."

Phil smiles, crouching to scoop him up. Tommy frantically pushes away, scoffing in pride.

"Is it ridiculous? Do you want to walk all that way without me?" He beams up at the sky, his blue eyes reflecting softly to the overcast acres. Tommy's blue eyes were still large and babyish. Though he tried to act tough.

"Think you can carry me for so long, old man?"

"There's not a year in my life that hasn't made me stronger."

The trees that stretched over the hills held themselves high. Crows and wildlife were sparse but noticeable. The few birds that hung around were pretty loud, laughing occasionally.

Philza lugged around Tommy and their package strapped to his back. After a short while, a small stoned creek ran under his bare feet. He had taken off his sandals and put them back on after they found land again.

The smell of mutton smoking on a fire with something creamy wafted over to them. Tommy started to get anxious, shifting in Phil's arms.

Phil let's put a chuckle, setting the young blonde down and watching him sprint towards the smoke. Philza was more gentle in his pace, until he met with an open cottage door.

There's laughter inside, Tommy's and his friend's.

"Philza Minecraft! What a pleasant surprise."

"Hello, Foolish. Sorry about Tommy."

"No worries. He's a small joy."

Phil smiles at the shark-totem. "I'm sure he'll grow taller than me. I brought something for you, since you said you broke yours last time."

"A trident!" Foolish gleams, shakingly taking the long, enchanted tool.

"Don't let this one shatter. Get those trolls taken care of yet?"

Foolish led Phil into the dining room, where he poured them both some tea. "Yes. That white-eyed boy helped me. He's quite ambitious..."

"I'll need to meet him someday."

"He reminds me of a king."

Tommy tried to grab the trident for screwing around. Foolish watches warily but Phil sees and wags a finger. The small boy stomps his foot, walking away.

"You can stay if you'd like to," Foolish offers.

Tommy shakes his head, staring at his feet. "And listen to your old man talk? I'd rather fight the sun."

"Suit yourself, kid."

The trees loomed over him, their blue shadows, faint and eerie. Fog rolled over the hills and path they took. Tommy knew if he just stuck to the path, it would be okay.

He loved exploring, but Phil had instantly set ground rules into his head.

1. Do not stray from the path.
2. Do not talk with strangers.
3. Do not eat ANYTHING.
4. Do not mess with the wildlife.
5. Do not climb trees.

And although those berries looked appetising, he had learned why that rule was in place. From experience.

Tommy bounced along the gravel and dirt, singing something off of his head. He finds himself stuck in his spot, stopped and silent for a moment. There are quiet yells from a little to the right. Rules one and two were at stake, but this might be a good adventure.

The tall grass goes above his shoulders, and he finds it hard to see ahead of him. Someone's yelling brought him through the grass and to an opening on a road.

A small goatling was curled up in a box with some washed scribbling on the side. He held onto a plushie of some sort and seemed even smaller than Tommy.

"Hi?"

It's head lifts from the yellow round toy, with bright green and blue pearls staring curiously. He had obviously been crying.

"Hello?" He sniffles.

"I'm Tommy. Why are you crying?"

"I'm Tubbo... I'm lost."

"Do you need help?"

His ears twitch. "Can you help me?"

"I can try. I certainly think Phil can!"

Tommy pulls Tubbo out of the box, and the boy still clutches tightly onto a bee toy.

"Who is that?"

"Phil is a nice man. A very nice man."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"Do you think I'm a good person?"

Technoblade looks over to Phil who is at the syndicate table, drawing schematics for a build. The sudden question stills the air.

"Wh—"

"Do you think I'm a good person?

"How could I be? I've killed one son and someone who saw me as a father figure, I've practically abandoned. I've hurt so many people, but I don't know what that even means anymore."

"Phil," Techno sighs heavily, "An indicator of being not-a-bad-person is the fact you're questioning if you're good. Do you think bad people wonder if they're horrible people?"

"Yes."

"Well— I'm not sure if they do, so let's say they don't. You are obviously trying. It's hard to win with the cards you've been dealt... They aren't your fault."

Phil bites the end of his pen, eyes soft.

"Wilbur and Tommy are not your fault."

"I should've been there for them. They believed in me."

"Tommy still does, Phil."